ADVERTISEMENT

The Valley 10

schoolboard

VaPreps All District
Oct 21, 2006
Ok. After that unfair tease, this was the top 10 listed in the football preview put out jointly by the Winchester Star and the Northern Virginia(Strasburg) Daily. There are only 10 public schools in their primary area.

1. Sherando
2. Millbrook
3. Central
4. Clarke County
5. Warren County
6. Handley
7. Strasburg
8. James Wood
9. Skyline
10. Stonewall Jackson

Sherando got all 5 first place votes.

Reactions: Shruikan
I think James Wood could be moved up a bit.They have some big guys that could make life difficult in the trenches for some of the teams ahead of them if they played one another. No disagreements here with the top three, though I will say that I think many are writing off Millbrook since they lost their dual threat QB to graduation. The guy who's replacing him could be just as good or better and Savon Smith is Savon Smith. If they can find a defense I can easily see them finally making it past the second round in the playoffs.

I glanced the poll once quick this morning, and then was trying to recreate it from memory when the football players in my class were asking what the order was. I think I actually flipped James Wood and Strasburg. The rest is ok. I am surprised that Warren was listed above Handley. But good for them if it is true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT