4. Handley
5. Clarke
6. Warren County
7. Strasburg
8. Skyline
9. James Wood
10. Stonewall Jackson

Composed by the Winchester Star and Northern Virginia Daily

And to think that ten years ago Central was in the middle of what would be a 2-18 streak over two years. Great turnaround for them.

I'm not sure if I'd have James Wood and Skyline below Strasburg. James Wood didn't look good against Sherando but they very nearly beat 6A Justice last weekend and a lot of their starters were out.

Millbrook and Sherando both have games this weekend that won't tell a lot about how they're going to perform for the rest of the season. I expect both to be blowouts.

Handley/Clarke County looks to be the best game of the weekend for the valley teams, with James Wood/Skyline being right there too.

Reactions: Rev_Real
And to think that ten years ago Central was in the middle of what would be a 2-18 streak over two years. Great turnaround for them.

I'm not sure if I'd have James Wood and Skyline below Strasburg. James Wood didn't look good against Sherando but they very nearly beat 6A Justice last weekend and a lot of their starters were out.

Millbrook and Sherando both have games this weekend that won't tell a lot about how they're going to perform for the rest of the season. I expect both to be blowouts.

Handley/Clarke County looks to be the best game of the weekend for the valley teams, with James Wood/Skyline being right there too.

And that isnt their worst stretch. Glad they turned it around

Reactions: Shruikan
I am biased, but I think Strasburg might be too high. I saw Skyline beat Luray in final scrimmage, and then Luray just blew out Strasburg. I do appreciate that even though Warren County is 0-2, both of their opponents are considerably better than Broadway, so I understand why they are still up the list. If Handley blows out Clarke, I think Clarke will take a wicked drop in this poll.

Reactions: Shruikan
I am biased, but I think Strasburg might be too high. I saw Skyline beat Luray in final scrimmage, and then Luray just blew out Strasburg. I do appreciate that even though Warren County is 0-2, both of their opponents are considerably better than Broadway, so I understand why they are still up the list. If Handley blows out Clarke, I think Clarke will take a wicked drop in this poll.

I agree. I'll also add that if Handley is able to get it done on Friday they have a good shot at a winning season. Going from 0-10 to 2-8 to 4-6 to 5-5/6-4/7-3 would give them a lot of confidence going forward I'd say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT