ADVERTISEMENT

THE VHSL JOKE BOWL...

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

- Mark Twain
He clearly has a number of personal issues with which he needs help. The real question is how a class program and community like Salem allows him to continue as the voice of the Spartans. His behavior is in stark contrast to the way the program and community generally handle their business.

He does an excellent job on the radio. Solid. Nothing controversial or silly. The type of behavior that might be deemed questionable only seems to show up on this message board. Strange

He does an excellent job on the radio. Solid. Nothing controversial or silly. The type of behavior that might be deemed questionable only seems to show up on this message board. Strange
Granted he does not behave there like he does when posting nor should he but, as the voice of the Spartans he represents the program anytime he is in public . He also has to do a fair amount of legwork to solicit sponsors and set up to broadcast so that is a positive as well. Effort that maybe others are not willing to expend. You are the first and only person I have ever heard characterize his on air work as excellent or solid. Most characterize him as the typical homer wannabe you get on those type broadcasts. He should be much better as he was exposed to both Jim Carroll and Dave Ross, guys who did it right for many years.

You are right in this sense, he is no more a Homer than other similar broadcast. Jim Carroll and Dave Ross jumped around, they broadcast different schools every week. Threeputt just does Salem, there for his prospective is much different. Have recently heard Blacksburg and GW Danville radio broadcast. In my opinion, when it comes to being a Homer, threeputt is the same as Blacksburg and much less than Danville.

You are right in this sense, he is no more a Homer than other similar broadcast. Jim Carroll and Dave Ross jumped around, they broadcast different schools every week. Threeputt just does Salem, there for his prospective is much different. Have recently heard Blacksburg and GW Danville radio broadcast. In my opinion, when it comes to being a Homer, threeputt is the same as Blacksburg and much less than Danville.
IMO he is worse than Blacksburg. The Danville crew is in a league of their own when it comes to being homers.

Granted he does not behave there like he does when posting nor should he but, as the voice of the Spartans he represents the program anytime he is in public . He also has to do a fair amount of legwork to solicit sponsors and set up to broadcast so that is a positive as well. Effort that maybe others are not willing to expend. You are the first and only person I have ever heard characterize his on air work as excellent or solid. Most characterize him as the typical homer wannabe you get on those type broadcasts. He should be much better as he was exposed to both Jim Carroll and Dave Ross, guys who did it right for many years.
SBU is 3putt's radio partner.

Would not surprise me each player had to $100 to dress
Not sure what you are referring to as "the VHSL joke bowl." If you are referring to the VHSCA All Star game then, you should know that the VHSL and VHSCA are two separate entities. No affiliation. And the VHSCA did not charge anything at all. By several players account, it was a great experience and opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT