ADVERTISEMENT

This week in the Seminole- Season Finale

Aug 12, 2016
Seminole/Dogwood
First, I would like to thank everyone for reading my articles. On every forum I have attempted to shine light on each local team, and highlight key players to watch. I have thoroughly enjoyed reporting on another great season of high school football, and I am very excited about this last week of the regular season. I would also like to extend my thanks to the players, coaches, faculty, and training staff of each school. Their hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. As we begin November we are treated to eight teams all in the playoff hunt, and an unbelievable slate of games to finish the regular season.

Liberty (2-7, 0-6) at Rustburg (2-7, 0-6)

There is light at the end of the tunnel, as mathematically this is a must win game for each team. The winner of this game will squeeze into the playoffs. Liberty features quarterback Aladdin Elroumy, and Taylor Carson leading the ground attack. Sh’mar Johnson of Rustburg needs just over 200 yards to eclipse the 1,000 mark for the season. He will rely on the versatile Logan Reusser to lead the way in the trenches, last week he started at right guard and took over at left tackle after an injury.

LCA (4-5, 3-3) at Brookville (7-2, 4-2)

If you are a fan of the passing attack- this game is for you. Two of the best quarterbacks in the area meet with Rylan Stamm of LCA, and Tanner Bernard of Brookville looking to light up the scoreboard. They will target Eddie Ogle of LCA and the two way sensation Micah Glaize of Brookville. The Bulldogs kept their playoffs dreams alive with a big win of EC Glass last week, and now need a win and some help. The Bees are currently tied with Heritage for the #1 seed, and want to play as many games at Stinger Stadium as possible in the postseason.

Heritage (8-1, 5-1) at Jefferson Forest (5-4, 4-2)

Caleb Smith took over under center last week, and Keenan Cupit kept churning up the yards. Now the Cavaliers look to keep the season going with a huge test against a vaunted Heritage squad. JF is hanging onto that last seed for the playoffs, and look to treat the home crowd. Elijah Davis and Jabari Blake have combined to lead the Pioneers to the highest scoring offense in the district at 44 points per contest. In addition, the defense has been sensational this season allowing only 12.5 points. Heritage will win the Seminole District title with a victory, and raise the confidence going into next week.

Amherst (5-4, 4-2) at EC Glass (7-2, 4-2)

Neither team was able to take advantage of an opportunity last week, now they square off in what could be a possible playoff rematch down the road. The leadership of Keshon Turner and the hard running of Frank Ross will be pivotal for the Lancers. The Hilltoppers will look to their sparkplug Dresean Kendrick on offense and ball hawking Thomas Patterson on defense.

Last edited:
So what your telling me is that a 3-7 team could get into the playoffs? Seriously ?!
According to our local newspaper Altavista (who we play this week) could host a playoff game next week at 2-8 and play Stonewall Jackson Quicksburg who is 0-9 currently

Heritage, Rustburg, EC Glass(just because they don't play defense in Amherst anymore)and Brookville.

So what your telling me is that a 3-7 team could get into the playoffs? Seriously ?!

According to our local newspaper Altavista (who we play this week) could host a playoff game next week at 2-8 and play Stonewall Jackson Quicksburg who is 0-9 currently

Stonewall Jackson and Cumberland, both from Region 1B WILL make the playoffs and could go 0-10 because Region 1B only has 6 teams.

Reactions: iskolinbckers
These articles have been great highlights throughout the season and I can't say enough how much I appreciate them. Gets me locked in for some football banter all week and anticipation of games on Friday. Thanks very much.

Reactions: newleather
It will be interesting to see if Ross plays for Amherst and how much. That injury against Heritage looked pretty nasty. If I’m not mistaken, he didn’t return to the game after that? Also, I heard that #64(not sure of his name) has been in a boot all week? @wikki or @Lineheart you guys heard anything?

Is brookville qb Tanner Bernard getting recruited by any d1? He looks to have the arm strength and size.

I believe #64 Wimbish was injured vs LCA. Played sparingly at Heritage. The coach has rotated linemen more recently. Ross is a key factor if Amh wants to own the line of scrimmage and control clock similar to LCA did.
Glass is quick but their best lineup looks to be with Kendrick at QB. Will be interesting to see what tricks could be up Amherst’s sleeve?

I believe #64 Wimbish was injured vs LCA. Played sparingly at Heritage. The coach has rotated linemen more recently. Ross is a key factor if Amh wants to own the line of scrimmage and control clock similar to LCA did.
Glass is quick but their best lineup looks to be with Kendrick at QB. Will be interesting to see what tricks could be up Amherst’s sleeve?
They need to or the same thing will happen like last week and it shouldn't

It will be interesting to see if Ross plays for Amherst and how much. That injury against Heritage looked pretty nasty. If I’m not mistaken, he didn’t return to the game after that? Also, I heard that #64(not sure of his name) has been in a boot all week? @wikki or @Lineheart you guys heard anything?
Ross is fine. He also had bad leg cramps a lot that night

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNation85
Big day for LCA, for them to have a shot into the playoffs they have to beat brookville tonight, which is a huge task. That QB from brookville is the real deal. But also we will need some other teams to win and the stars to align lol. So I'll be pulling for heritage and EC glass tonight. And I think liberty beats Rustburg

probably no major offers out of power 5 or legit programs at the FBS level I believe he may have some or the potential to playa FCS though but I’m just speculating

Reactions: ShadesMcgrades
I know chances are slim-to-none but if JF were to somehow pull the upset, that would throw a huge wrench in the district. I’m not good with the whole point system here though I could be wrong

Big day for LCA, for them to have a shot into the playoffs they have to beat brookville tonight, which is a huge task. That QB from brookville is the real deal. But also we will need some other teams to win and the stars to align lol. So I'll be pulling for heritage and EC glass tonight. And I think liberty beats Rustburg
Amherst beat Glass and Rustburg best Liberty

Expect some moving up the seed line for Amh. Will be crazy to see how far Glass falls and the jumbled grouping with Pulaski, JF and LCA losing. Amh vs Glass part II in 4/5 match?

Expect some moving up the seed line for Amh. Will be crazy to see how far Glass falls and the jumbled grouping with Pulaski, JF and LCA losing. Amh vs Glass part II in 4/5 match?
I don't think Amherst will jump Byrd and Charlottesville. Likely 7 seed with a GW rematch

Amherst plays GW

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT