ADVERTISEMENT

this weeks Battlefield district rankings

skynard1

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 12, 2009
Last week I made the remark that this years team rankings have been a little boring but the next couple weeks the teams may start jockeying around as the better teams start facing off against each other! well it started this week as KG pulled off a major upset by beating Courtland! here we go and remember this is only my opinion and for other than conversation means nothing! here we go with what I think!
# 1 James Monroe 7 @ 1 Yes that's right the jackets have taken this spot from courtland after chasing them all year! if you got the score at the half as I did you would think the knights played them close but after watching tonight on tv it really wasn't that close! The jackets had 2 td's called back in the first half and 6 holding penalties and had little trouble moving the ball against the much less talented knights. the jackets once again had a well balanced attack with 163 yards rushing and 165 yards passing. Dj Weldon had his usual 107 yards rushing on only 14 carries. AJ Felton continues to improve his passing with 122 yards and 3 big td's. the jackets have to be a little concerned about their run defense as they gave up 222 yards against a one dimensional team rushing. the knights cannot pass and I am very surprised they didn't stack the box and smother the spotsy running game but FB Michael Shelton ran at will on them for 89 yards. don't think coach serbay is very happy with his run defense and he and defensive coordinator Griffin will burn the mid night oil this week looking at how to improve their rush defense as if they can't the courtland three headed monster will beat them! going to be a great game next week against a very angry Courtland squad!
# 2 Courtland 6 @ 2 The cougars are probably licking their wounds tonight after they lost to the foxes! for some reason the cougars get off to a slow start and turn it on the last half! this time they could not turn it on in the second half. yes they played better in the second half as they closed the gap but could not get it done! this may be a wake up call and be a learning lesson to get ready for the playoffs! the three headed monster ran well on K G with 255 yards but the cougars didn't throw all that well with but 38 yards passing. be ready JM I can imagine it will be all business next week in cougar nation and the team will be in a bad mood! have my break down and prediction for this game later.
# 3 tie KG and Chancellor
KG 5@ 3 the foxes had a great win over courtland last night. that win will get them a lot of points and almost assures them of a playoff birth. they snuffed out courtland completely in the first half and lead at the half 13 to 0 but as expected held off a cougar charge to get the win! looks like KG has started to improve when it counts at playoff time! if the foxes can get the defense to play like last night they may shake a few cages come playoff time. I am glad for one of the nicest people and coaches I know Jeff Smith!
Chancellor 5 @ 3 the chargers had a laugher at Caroline last night blasting Caroline 61 to 0. what a game for Mario Wisdom and that all area QB Jason Brown. Wisdom rushed for 251 yards and Brown rushed for over 100 and passed for over 100 yards and 4 td's. look out chargers as you play a hot KG team at KG next week.
# 5 Spotsylvania 2 @ 6 on paper it looked like spotsy stayed with JM at the half but they really didn't as the knight was aided by 6 holding penalties and two JM td's called back in the first half. I am proud of my boys from post oak as they rushed well against JM for 222 yards. Michael Shelton ran well with 89 yards rushing. for the life of me I can't figure out why they don't find a QB that can pass! they are not good enough to line up and run the ball down peoples throat. even though the score was a little more lopsided than the score I am proud of the knights as they hung in there! good luck spotsy as you have one more chance for a win and finish 3 and 7 pretty much what I expected! one positive thing about this season was so far this season they had only one game that ended with a running clock! that's means you played much closer to teams this year with a 35 point lead causing the clock not to stop in a blow out. last year almost all the games was blow outs and the clock ran!
# Caroline 0@ 7 Looks like every week I say the same thing about Caroline so I am going to say it again. stay with Antron Yates! he is a good coach and if you stay patient he will turn this program around! like Spotsy there are a lot of good athletes walking the halls of Caroline and the likable Yates will get them out as soon as they trust him. looks like for some reason the good sophomore David Ware is out as he didn't play again last night and didn't see the big tight end De Christopher listed either so other than RB Robinson have no offense and a porous defense that has stopped no one all year. if they have any chance for a win its this week against Spotsy and to be fair that don't look good!
ok there we are tell me how bad I did in the rankings! teams are getting ready for the playoffs and every win is important for seeding in the playoffs. good luck to all the teams!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT