ADVERTISEMENT

Thomas Jefferson

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
Congratulations on a great season. I think yall will be a force for years to come. Athletes all over the field. Just ran into a buzzsaw today.

The coaches and parents I met and talked with were very nice people and they brought a bigger crowd than I expected.

And I really enjoyed the way everyone got to going with the band playing. Felt like what you see from the HBCU games

Congratulations on a great season. I think yall will be a force for years to come. Athletes all over the field. Just ran into a buzzsaw today.

The coaches and parents I met and talked with were very nice people and they brought a bigger crowd than I expected.

And I really enjoyed the way everyone got to going with the band playing. Felt like what you see from the HBCU games

Thanks for the kind sportsmanship. It was a great crowd on both sides, and Stuarts Draft is definitely a force to be reckon with. That pistol wing-t offense is one for the ages. Never seen it executed like that before. Especially with the QB as the lead full-back. I had no idea yall have size like that either.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
Thanks for the kind sportsmanship. It was a great crowd on both sides, and Stuarts Draft is definitely a force to be reckon with. That pistol wing-t offense is one for the ages. Never seen it executed like that before. Especially with the QB as the lead full-back. I had no idea yall have size like that either.

Did you watch Kapernick at Nevada? He ran a similar offense, Nevada has been a pistol team for a while now and with Kap, they incorporated some wing looks. I've only seen clips of Draft, but it seems to be working very successful for them.

Coach Floyd and Podgorski have a few wrinkles that are a little unique to the way they run their offense. May or may not be effective versus Appomattox. That athletic Raider team is a handful any way you choose to attack it to be honest.

Coach Floyd and Podgorski have a few wrinkles that are a little unique to the way they run their offense. May or may not be effective versus Appomattox. That athletic Raider team is a handful any way you choose to attack it to be honest.

What offense would you say it resembles the most? Is it option-based or is it designed handoffs with motion and stuff?

In my opinion it’s a hodgepodge. There are straight RPO plays that the QB reads the end like a conventional option team would. Then there are motion counters and straight motion power plays. Lots of variations on plays from same set, formation and motion. The passing game is sneaky good depending on how it is defended. It is legitimately one of the better offensive schemes I have seen at these lower classifications. Executing it at times because of the complexity gets stiff but they are a better team than a lot of people have given them credit for. I could be way out in left field but I think they will present something a little different than what Appomattox has seen this year. Probably not as many athletes as a Graham but I would say if Buckingham hadn’t dealt with so many injuries and would have won against East Rock, that would have been a fair matchup. I know Appo and Bucktown played early but they would compare overall favorable to them as someone you may have watched. Again only my opinion as others think that Draft just slings it all over or runs straight power with not a lot of diversity. I hope Riverheads wins the first game so I am not pissed off and leave before the 2A game, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT