ADVERTISEMENT

Tidewater Scrimmages

matthew328826

Publisher of VirginiaPreps.com (Rivals Network)
Staff
Jul 20, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
matthewhatfield.com
Here's a list of Tidewater area High School Football Scrimmages involving teams from the '757' area code...

Thursday, August 4, 2022:
6:30 PM – Grassfield at Glen Allen

Wednesday, August 10, 2022:
5:30 PM – Hickory vs. Tallwood {at Va. Beach Sportsplex}
Great Bridge at Currituck County (NC)

Thursday, August 11, 2022:
Bethel at Grafton {Bailey Field}
4:30 PM – Ocean Lakes at King’s Fork
5:30 PM – Menchville at Lafayette
6 PM – Jamboree at Kempsville with Churchland, Kecoughtan, Lakeland
6 PM – Gloucester at Landstown
6 PM – Mechanicsville at New Kent
6 PM – Norview at Bayside
6 PM – Phoebus at Cox
6 PM – Smithfield at Indian River
6 PM – Woodside at Lake Taylor
6:30 PM – Booker T. Washington at Southampton
6:30 PM – Salem-VB at Grassfield

Friday, August 12, 2022:
5 PM – Warwick at Western Branch
6 PM – Tri-Scrimmage with Dinwiddie, Green Run at Oscar Smith
6 PM – Heritage-NN at Poquoson
6 PM – Mechanicsville at New Kent
6 PM – Denbigh at Warhill {Wanner}
6 PM – King William at Poquoson
6 PM – Tabb vs. First Colonial {at York}

Saturday, August 13, 2022:
6 PM – Lakeland at Bertie, NC

Wednesday, August 17, 2022:
6 PM – Kempsville at Oscar Smith

Thursday, August 18, 2022:
Kecoughtan at Grafton {Bailey Field}
5 PM –Southampton at Thomas Jefferson-Richmond
5:30 PM – Courtland at Lafayette
5:30 PM – Menchville at Hickory
6 PM – Churchland at Ocean Lakes
6 PM – King’s Fork at Maury {Powhatan Field}
6 PM – Landstown at Hampton
6 PM – Manor at Heritage-NN
6 PM – Nansemond River at Bayside
6 PM – New Kent at King William
6 PM – Petersburg at Lake Taylor
6 PM – New Kent at King William
6 PM – Warhill at Gloucester
6:30 PM – Southampton at Thomas Jefferson-Richmond
7 PM – Bruton at Great Bridge

Friday, August 19, 2022:
6 PM – Bishop Ireton at Kellam
6 PM – Lakeland at Denbigh
6 PM – Norcom at Western Branch [Benefit Game]
7 PM – First Colonial at Granby {Powhatan Field}
7 PM – Smithfield at Surry [Benefit Game]
7 PM – Stafford at Green Run

Wednesday, August 24, 2022:
6 PM – Woodside at York {Bailey Field}

So, Matt, which scrimmage did you attend? AND let us get a wrap up of it. Just need a bit of football already.!

So, Matt, which scrimmage did you attend? AND let us get a wrap up of it. Just need a bit of football already.!
Haven't been to one yet, but am planning to be at a few this coming week (Wed, Thurs and Fri).

Looking forward to it as well and hopefully the weather cooperating! Be glad to post some observations / notes from it as well.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Haven't been to one yet, but am planning to be at a few this coming week (Wed, Thurs and Fri).

Looking forward to it as well and hopefully the weather cooperating! Be glad to post some observations / notes from it as well.
Any word from South County high school why there were new fans allowed at their scrimmage with Highland Springs?!

I'm assuming you mean no fans allowed ... word I got was it was a closed (to the public) scrimmage.
A lot of fans drove down and we’re not told they could not get in until they got to the gate. The only news I got on the game was Highland Springs scored at least three times and gave up at least one score

okay, here we go.. tonight @ 6pm, Smith will host 2 of the toughest teams they've competrd against in a scrimmage that I'm aware of... both Green Run & Dinwiddie could be playing 15 games this year!!

opening Smith scrimmages are always interesting. the fans can be harsh given the high expectations given to every team in early August. but it'll be fun seeing everyone again

Green Run will have probably the best QB/WR package they'll face all year...issue will be IF the Tigers can command dominance @ the D-Line like they've enjoyed in the past.

Dinwiddie is coming off a great season & has talent to really push Smith. The Generals fear no one & always bring a hard hitting run game which begs their opponents to put an extra body in the box, then they drop some deep bombs just at the right time!

For Smith it'll be interesting to see who's next up @ RB, how much success their running attack will have & as mentioned above, is whether their D-Line will again be lights out after losing significant pieces.

Reactions: matthew328826
okay, here we go.. tonight @ 6pm, Smith will host 2 of the toughest teams they've competrd against in a scrimmage that I'm aware of... both Green Run & Dinwiddie could be playing 15 games this year!!

opening Smith scrimmages are always interesting. the fans can be harsh given the high expectations given to every team in early August. but it'll be fun seeing everyone again

Green Run will have probably the best QB/WR package they'll face all year...issue will be IF the Tigers can command dominance @ the D-Line like they've enjoyed in the past.

Dinwiddie is coming off a great season & has talent to really push Smith. The Generals fear no one & always bring a hard hitting run game which begs their opponents to put an extra body in the box, then they drop some deep bombs just at the right time!

For Smith it'll be interesting to see who's next up @ RB, how much success their running attack will have & as mentioned above, is whether their D-Line will again be lights out after losing significant pieces.
Planning to be there after I spend a couple hours at Va. Wesleyan Hoops Team Camp. Looking forward to it - should be good!

Took in Woodside @ Lake Taylor and Ocean Lakes @ King's Fork on Thursday, so readers can look for video interviews from that forthcoming + check out my Instagram (@hatfieldsports2k4) for a few highlights from the OL/KF scrimmage.

Green Run has been impressive. as expected, their QB/ WR were top notch.

it's been hard to tell which QB is out there for Smith... one definitely has the jitters & GR feasted on him. pretty sure it was the backup... Coach Scott always puts odd jersey #'s on kids during his scrimmages..

as I said earlier this field could have 3 teams that play 15 games this year..

ADVERTISEMENT