ADVERTISEMENT

Title Favorites for next year?

Sep 7, 2019
Halifax is returning their entire starting 5 (As far as I know), with Roberts only being a sophomore. Davis was a good rotational player we lost, but the biggest loss is Isaiah Hubbard for sure.

Sophomore Zack Carter, who was huge defensively in the paint and in the rebound department, announced that he is focusing on football and will not play basketball next year for unknown reasons.

Junior Kevon Ferrell is the lead leader of the team and an excellent all-around player that’s clutch come crunch time.

Junior Jaden Waller (State Champion in the high jump) is a dangerous flyer in the fast break and can be lethal outside the arc.

Junior DJ Jennings is a powerful player going inside, but can be a bit selfish at times when he’s driving in the lane with a guy wide open. His free throws also need to be worked on.

Juniors Jhamad Lawson (Starter) and Keshaun Wells are great rotational players that complement the team well.

I don’t know much about the JV team, but one of the players I’m excited to see next year is Keyquan Newton. He’s a smaller player, but is really good at stealing, and stole the ball 4 possessions in a row, scoring on 3 of them.

Last edited:
If King’s Fork stays together I don’t think anyone will beat them. I’d also put Woodrow Wilson, Menchville, and Monacan in my top 5. Halifax will be a year older next year and should be the favorite for all things West. I’d say:
1. King’s Fork
Small gap
2. Monacan
3. Woodrow
4. Halifax
5. Menchville

Reactions: mbonape1
Monacan will be a contender next year. Hopefully we won’t get crushed by the injury bug again. Way to early obviously but we should be a team to keep an eye on.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
ADVERTISEMENT