ADVERTISEMENT

Today's 7 on 7 at PH

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
There were 5 teams today - PH, FC, Rustburg, Liberty, and Salem.

PH had a decent looking QB & a lot of receivers. They were basically just running go routes the whole time though.

Franklin Co's QB looked pretty good too, but they have a lot to work on as well. Hopefully Coach Edwards can get things going in the right direction.

Rustburg looked real good to me. Their LB is a beast and someone said he was also the QB.

Liberty didn't show well, but they are a run team not a spread.

Salem looked good in spots, needs work in spots.

Of course 7 on 7 isn't real football, but it gives us fans something to talk about.

The best part of today was they had the gates locked so I had to go through the tunnel to field level. I didn't think I would like that because I thought it would be hard to see anything and I didn't want to be in the way either.

Turned out great though, I had a front row seat. I got to meet and talk to a lot of the coaches for quite a while: Magenbauer, Yuhas, Fedison, and Pitts. All were very nice and came up to me and introduced themselves and we talked for several minutes each. Coach even thanked me for my support with the Fan page, which a fellow poster and I started mid-season last year and now has 1,200+ members. My friend had the idea and I set it up and we're Co-Administrators. It is a great page that has ballooned into a community page.

I talked to several of the players as well. Being up close you notice how ripped these guys are getting. Everybody looks to be well-conditioned and ready to play ball.

One more 7 on 7 on Tuesday, the 12th, hopefully they'll have the gates locked again.

Last edited:
I know several players from Salem weren't there today too. The whole squad has been hitting the weight room hard. How many more days until 2-a-days? We need to start a countdown.

I know several players from Salem weren't there today too. The whole squad has been hitting the weight room hard. How many more days until 2-a-days? We need to start a countdown.
Pinello sprained his ankle last week so he didn't participate. I saw Fox before the 7 on 7, but he wasn't in uniform and I don't think he participated either.

1st day of practice is July 28th, so let the countdown show 30 days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT