ADVERTISEMENT

Top Defensive Unit Performances in Wk 1

lyhsports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 17, 2017
Lynchburg, Va
Who are you guys top defensive performances of Week one?

I'll shout out my Glass Hilltoppers. I don't think anyone but Glass people expected the defense to play that well. They only allowed 3 points and Held Charlottesville's star running back to 12 carries 74 yards.

Louisa shut out Courtland for the first time in the modern era, held them to 104 total yards, 7 first downs (2 coming from a Louisa penalty) no passing completions, got a pick (and dropped a possible pick 6), and held the Cougar RB to 23 yards on 20 carries.

Last edited:
And it's a young team. I've never seen a Lion defense swarm to the ball every single play so fast and gang tackle so well, could be a very special defense. I was worried about Smith having help this year, but there's plenty of it. I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Salem held Ross to 50+ yards. Amherst 14 points. Don't know first down stats, but it was a dominant performance

Reactions: lyhsports
JF shut out Staunton river defensively, let up 7 on a kick return (62-7). But Staunton river is on a huge rebuilding year... defense true colors will show Friday against Magan vista.

Eastern View shut out Culpeper 37-0 and held Culpeper to 166 total yds....and the hype going in was that this was the best Culpeper team in a long time. So what's the longest winning streak for a team over its cross-town rival?

Eastern View shut out Culpeper 37-0 and held Culpeper to 166 total yds....and the hype going in was that this was the best Culpeper team in a long time. So what's the longest winning streak for a team over its cross-town rival?

Current or All time? I know Stuarts Draft had live a 35 or something year streak against Wilson up until mid 2000s

And it's a young team. I've never seen a Lion defense swarm to the ball every single play so fast and gang tackle so well, could be a very special defense. I was worried about Smith having help this year, but there's plenty of it. I'm an idiot.
I said earlier you and Navy were Bird-dogging lol. You guys just hadn’t Looked in the fridge in a while. The greens, the potatoes, 4 cheese macaroni and the purple-saurus-Rex Kool Aid was sitting there the whole damn time! 10-0 is certainly a possibility for the Lions and is not out of the question for Dinwiddie either but TD and Salem will be tough.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT