ADVERTISEMENT

TOUGHEST PLACES TO PLAY FOR THE AWAY TEAMS

Nov 17, 2014
It's the most wonderful time of the year and I am not talking about Christmas but I am talking about football playoffs. In honor of the playoffs, I want to get everyone's opinion on which stadium is the toughest place for opposing teams to get a victory at and Why? Is it because the fans, the band, whats intimidating playing at these places?

I think Amherst is. Usually always have a lot of fans and the field turf works well for them. They are usually big, athletic, and fast. They also have a very one side announcer. He quite comical with how obviously bias he really is.

Reactions: wikki
I think Amherst is. Usually always have a lot of fans and the field turf works well for them. They are usually big, athletic, and fast. They also have a very one side announcer. He quite comical with how obviously bias he really is.
Yeah he is really old school but very passionate. He tears up on the mic whenever he talks about a kid in the service or a family tragedy. The thing that he does is loudly and exaggerated is when he says "here come the lancers" his grandson played on the team. But he is not obnoxious. I would have to agree though that Amherst fans are passionate. Salem has a packed stadium but only cheer when someone scores and the band is good. Amherst fans chant almost the entire game and yells defense. I will say that Appomattox impressed me the most at Amherst. They had their side filled 30 minutes before the game and made noise the entire game. I still say the most people at Amherst high school was this Friday night with not being a playoff game

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
In high school, I don't think playing on the road is as difficult as it is in college. Only thing I don't like about playing on the road is often times, the home team has "local officials" from nearest Association. Neutral refs should be assigned for all playoff games.

Reactions: HokieTDTech
Yes you are right. I have been to many games and seen a ref decide a game. Last season Rustburg had an interception to seal the game only for an official to say it was pass interference.

Yeah he is really old school but very passionate. He tears up on the mic whenever he talks about a kid in the service or a family tragedy. The thing that he does is loudly and exaggerated is when he says "here come the lancers" his grandson played on the team. But he is not obnoxious. I would have to agree though that Amherst fans are passionate. Salem has a packed stadium but only cheer when someone scores and the band is good. Amherst fans chant almost the entire game and yells defense. I will say that Appomattox impressed me the most at Amherst. They had their side filled 30 minutes before the game and made noise the entire game. I still say the most people at Amherst high school was this Friday night with not being a playoff game

I do not like "homer" announcers. Some announcers are so bad, they have to be violating one or more VHSL or NFHS rules.

Best high school PA guy in the state is the guy at Giles.

Abingdon and MV have the best entrance. Both teams can ignite the crowd by descending thru the stands. By the kickoff it's loud as anywhere I have been. As far as whole game home field I lean to the Warriors. The "hole" serves its purpose, well coached, well attended and just a great place. In terms of PA people..I'm going to have to say the guy that was at 4A JF this season. Was clear and very unbiased. The game they played last week vs Brookville was crazy and he kept a very even keel

One of the toughest places to play at is Magna Vista in THE HOLE!!!! Visitors have to walk a mile to get to their seats and the players have to walk through the home fans if they get dressed at the school. MV Fans are quick to let visitors know that they are in THE HOLE and there is no turning back. When you add the band, the fans, and the Blue Funk Defense all together, you get a "W" for the Warriors and a "Get me out of here" for the visiting team. Some players have went to THE HOLE and were never seen again.

I do not like "homer" announcers. Some announcers are so bad, they have to be violating one or more VHSL or NFHS rules.

Best high school PA guy in the state is the guy at Giles.
The guy at Liberty is obnoxious

Playing at Culpeper lately can be a problem for the visiting team.....they're probably use to actually seeing fans at the game watching. :(

Liberty is the worst place to play. They have the worst vistor seating. I personally believe no game should be pkayed their until something changes.
The bleachers are the worst and that announcer is awful

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT