ADVERTISEMENT

Travel times for teams.

GilliamRatings

VaPreps All State
Jun 5, 2001
Orange, Virginia
Since everyone was "complaining," here's the city to city travel times for the 12 finalists according to map quest (I did not do school address to stadium address--I'm not that obsessive compulsive).

Centreville (117 min) vs. Ocean Lakes (164 min)

Ocean Lakes can probably get by without a pee-stop, but I bet they hit the restrooms as soon as they get to Charlottesville.

L.C. Bird (77 min) vs. Tuscarora (123 min)

Tuscarora would probably have a shorter trip to the Maryland state Championships...maybe even West Virginia.

Salem (75 min) vs. Lake Taylor (208 min)

Lake Taylor can probably find a good hotel somewhere near the Richmond airport if they want to break this trip into two days. I like the Marriott.

Magna Vista (101 min) vs. Lafayette (168 min)

Lafayette may be on the road before I even post this.

Glenvar (8 min) vs. Wilson Memorial (83 min)

Wilson Memorial will be on bus more than 10 times as long as Glenvar! Glenvar had better hope they're the only team in the finals whose bus ride (both ways) is less than their time of possession.

Altavista (74 minutes) vs. Essex (216 min)

Essex may have to overcome jet lag for this one.

Does anyone no how many teams came in tonight?

Did Haysi make the round trip to Essex on game day last week. If so, wasn't that about 14 hours of travel time?

Ocean lakes 182 miles 2hr 53 min I live pretty much in same area Green Run Landstown Ocean Lakes Salem and Kellam all border each other school attendance Kellam and OL are Va Beach most southern schools OL South East VB Kellam South Central VB area

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT