ADVERTISEMENT

Tunstall Basketball... SMH

iDidntGetBanned

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2019
Got blown out by William Byrd last night ending their season. I have been very vocal about how things have played out this year. Their interim head coach thought it would be a good idea to make the players go hard in a scrimmage two days before a big playoff game.. Hmm, don’t know if I have a problem with that, but check this out. He had the JV guys scrimmage the varsity guys and because the JV guys scored a couple of baskets on the starters, he threw the starters out of practice. Last night he sat the varsity guys down the entire second half where they had an opportunity to play and win. JV kids, who Tunstall’s coach started the year off with played big minutes last night. Just totally unfair to those kids who’ve played all year on varsity to get them to this point. Tunstall was very young and had a lot of talent. Lacked coaching. I’ll be the first to tell you that Tunstall has a very mannerable and respectful group of kids. If you’re looking for trouble makers, don’t look Tunstall’s way. I feel for those kids and I challenge Tunstall’s administration to find a coach that doing for the kids instead of stroking his own ego.

I was wondering what went on last night. Didn't recognize alot of the names in the boxscore in the article of the Roanoke paper. If any of that young talent wants to travel up 58 west I'm sure the Dogs could find a home for them.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I was wondering what went on last night. Didn't recognize alot of the names in the boxscore in the article of the Roanoke paper. If any of that young talent wants to travel up 58 west I'm sure the Dogs could find a home for them.
That’s what I’m advocating for right now if no changes are made! It’s so bad that the interim head coach’s son quit the team.

Reactions: Playmaker915
Not dirty laundry. Pretty well known situation here in the Southside. Was just a weird scene all year at Tunstall. Good young talent on the varsity and the jv team had some good talent also, just need to get the coaching situation figured out.

Not dirty laundry. Pretty well known situation here in the Southside. Was just a weird scene all year at Tunstall. Good young talent on the varsity and the jv team had some good talent also, just need to get the coaching situation figured out.
A lot of great kids in the program. Just need a solid coach. Could compete for a regional championship next year and get to the state playoffs along with MV.

Oh no...Please don't call me that name...also how is this trolling?
Not one time did I “expose” any dirty laundry. I didn’t call out one name in my post. Knowing what I know about the situation I could really cause waves but I am hopeful justice is served for the kids sake.

Martinsville's JV had a terrific year - they started 0-2 and then never lost again. If I remember correctly, Tunstall gave them 2 of their better challenges in the district. Young talent on the varsity and a solid JV team.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Got blown out by William Byrd last night ending their season. I have been very vocal about how things have played out this year. Their interim head coach thought it would be a good idea to make the players go hard in a scrimmage two days before a big playoff game.. Hmm, don’t know if I have a problem with that, but check this out. He had the JV guys scrimmage the varsity guys and because the JV guys scored a couple of baskets on the starters, he threw the starters out of practice. Last night he sat the varsity guys down the entire second half where they had an opportunity to play and win. JV kids, who Tunstall’s coach started the year off with played big minutes last night. Just totally unfair to those kids who’ve played all year on varsity to get them to this point. Tunstall was very young and had a lot of talent. Lacked coaching. I’ll be the first to tell you that Tunstall has a very mannerable and respectful group of kids. If you’re looking for trouble makers, don’t look Tunstall’s way. I feel for those kids and I challenge Tunstall’s administration to find a coach that doing for the kids instead of stroking his own ego.

Well they apparently aren't bringing him back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT