ADVERTISEMENT

Turnovers doom Woodgrove to second straight defeat

Tom Potter

VaPreps Varsity
Oct 17, 2015
Lovettsville,VA
Woodgrove 40 vs Tuscarora 62

Lads went down by 27 points in the worst 1st Quarter performance I have ever witnessed by Woodgrove. Four straight turnovers, two of which result in defensive touchdowns, is a hurdle most teams cannot overcome.

Defense struggled to contain Leron West in his first start of the year; this Junior tailback is legit! He can catch and run! I'm thinking some pre-game film of this gifted football player might have helped the coaching staff devise some schemes to contain him.

Quarterback by committee worked better than last week with Piland & Burton running effectively. Freshman Burton appears to be the quarterback of the future with his throwing ability and a growing running toughness.

Some of the lads were afflicted with sickness this week with one of our stud lineman out with pneumonia. Next weeks bye comes at an opportune time for the dings and illness. Hopefully projected pre-season QB starter Aiden Larson returns to play the week after next fully recovered from his injury sustained in the first scrimmage of the summer.

District play starts on 9/28. Hopefully the lads sweep the district this year and host a home playoff game or two and then hit the road in November!

Our 5A games are complete with one win and two losses. Kudos to Tuscarora for taking care of business at home last night!
I think LoCo's Stone Bridge, Broad Run, Tuscarora & John Champe will be knocking each other outta the playoffs in November 5A playoffs.

Times Mirror game write up link below:

www.loudountimes.com/sports/article/west_proves_best_as_tuscarora_wins_shootout_versus_woodgrove592

Sounds like you guys are right on the verge of figuring this stuff out. I wouldn't want to catch you guys if I was a number 1 seed in the west.

Reactions: Tom Potter
Sounds like you guys are right on the verge of figuring this stuff out. I wouldn't want to catch you guys if I was a number 1 seed in the west.

Yeah I like our chances of making the playoffs and making some noise in the playoffs if we can stay healthy and hold on to the ball!

ADVERTISEMENT