ADVERTISEMENT

Two QBs, Great Problem for the Lions

Oct 2, 2009
I gotta say I'm glad I braved the rain on Friday to see the Jarrett Hunter show. What a dynamic young athlete to add to the veteran mix that LC has shown the past few years. I have no doubt that Coach Fischer and offensive wiz Will Patrick will find a way to get Hunter and Malik Bell on the field at the same time. Hunter's emergence will also allow the Job Whalen to rest on offense and keep the pressure turned up on D. If the Lions stay healthy upfront, the ceiling is the roof, or whatever MJ said.

Welcome to the board. Jarett played great on Friday. He's just a sophomore, and if he hits a growth spurt, look out. He has already played beside Bell, spelling Whalen at RB. There shouldn't be any shortage of PT for Hunter going forward. He's also a lock-down corner and will be a bigger help there later this season, IMO.

Thanks for the welcome HoosFan. I've been reading the boards for awhile but I recently moved back to the area and thought I would join in the fun. A long time a go I coached some ball at another school in the Jefferson but have some family that attend Louisa so I'll probably follow the Lions a little closer. Plus I got a buddy that works at the middle school in Louisa that gives me some good inside info.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I'm sad to hear this. Hopefully the leaders of the team will step up and get stuff under control. At the end of the day coaches are stuck having to make the call but the players can help. I've never met Bell but not only is he hurting himself but letting his teammates down. I think these Lions can be as good as the Lions I coached against in 2004-2006 but only if they are complete. An injury upfront or loss of a weapon puts them behind Dinwiddie and Monacan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT