ADVERTISEMENT

U.Va. pledge Blackman transfers to Atlee

Is it even possible for him to play at another school after playing 3 games at Glen Allen already? Guess when the going gets tough you bail on your teammates. Rumor has it he may be wavering in his commitment to UVA. When London gets the axe i think there will be several recruits looking for a new home including this kid unfortunately.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Is it even possible for him to play at another school after playing 3 games at Glen Allen already? Guess when the going gets tough you bail on your teammates. Rumor has it he may be wavering in his commitment to UVA. When London gets the axe i think there will be several recruits looking for a new home including this kid unfortunately.
If the transfer is legal, he is instantly eligible. Cut and dry.

Highland Springs picked up a real good one in last years transfers.. His name is D.J. Anderson 5'9" 210 lb. running back from Mills Godwin. Last year he practiced with HS all summer, but he missed the first game due to waiting on paperwork issue. He's a stud!

If Glen Allen was 3-0 his family could move to Alaska for personal reasons and still figure a way out to let him play his senior year. The move is obviously football motivated, i think most of you would agree. What message does this send? If your team sucks then just get your parents to rent a apartment in another district and your good to go. This is unprecedented, i dont think ive ever seen this happen in public school setting. Doesn't shock me that Atlee is involved once again, they are the Ocean Lakes of the central region. VHSL needs to investigate, very shady as a previous post said.

I wrote a piece last year about recruiting in high school football and it seems to me that transferring is going to be the growing problem... I don't know the circumstances surrounding this move, it wouldn't be fair for me to speculate but I do hope this is on the up and up. Schools and players involved must understand how this looks to fans of the game and why there will be scrutiny and skepticism.

He would be instantly eligible if there is a legitimate move. However, I believe the VHSL has added some paperwork for principals about transfers. I'm not sure how it works if you put your house up for sale, haven't sold it yet, and rent in another zone.

He would be instantly eligible if there is a legitimate move. However, I believe the VHSL has added some paperwork for principals about transfers. I'm not sure how it works if you put your house up for sale, haven't sold it yet, and rent in another zone.

The word I heard this summer when he was contemplating the move down to Tidewater was that his mom was a leasing agent or something with she can basically get him an address real easy anywhere. The kid went with said team to the state championship game last year and was on their sidelines.

Reactions: VaFan1 and gen4ever
The word I heard this summer when he was contemplating the move down to Tidewater was that his mom was a leasing agent or something with she can basically get him an address real easy anywhere. The kid went with said team to the state championship game last year and was on their sidelines.

Like I said before - SHADY. Hopefully with new transfer rules in place and the principals having to approve transfers through paperwork it will be legitimate (but I doubt it). It is my understanding that both principals must report transfers and sign that they believe/agree that the transfer is legitimate and not transferring for athletic purposes (ha, ha).

I don't see the problem. The kid is doing what's best for him. I mean he just won a state championship in baseball and from what I heard he had a decent QB getting him the ball at GA who is supposedly getting interest from a couple schools so maybe he has a legitimate reason for transferring. I'm not mad at him! Hope he has a good senior year and I'm looking forward to watching Atlee play. This team is going to be dangerous come playoff time.

Obviously you don't care about things like ethics, integrity or character neither. Because all that has been compromised with this transfer ...in my opinion.

Obviously you don't care about things like ethics, integrity or character neither. Because all that has been compromised with this transfer ...in my opinion.

First and foremost you know nothing about me. Secondly, you nor does anybody on this board knows the real reason this kid transferred. Have a nice day.

I really don't think this kid will be the differnce maker at Atlee! Atlee is an average team with or witout this kid. Atlee will need more than him to be on the level of Bird, Herm, HS, Tuscarora, Masaponax, Broad Run , Salem, ... Leave him alone if he is in the midst of family problems! If football helps him cope with it, that's a good thing!

Grown men on here bashing a high school kid and talking about his family. SMH

Should people be bashing the kid probably not, but they can question whether or not the move was made in good faith and taste and how this can look negatively on the kid. It's not a good look to bail on your teammates and trust me if they were 4-0 concessions would have been made to stay at GA by the family. I'm sorry but family reasons is another excuse that people throw out there as a shield and feel like its unquestionable.

Reactions: bunymin and CRF4Dan
I haven't seen one person bash the kid or his talents. I agreed with Devils on this one.

Everybody seems to think that the move was the kids idea and his decision. I feel if there is anyone who bailed or made bad decisions, it's his parents! I would think that it's up to them.

From all accounts that I have heard in the past about this kid his parents have a lot of money and so if he wanted to stay at GA I'm pretty sure it could have happened. I moved while I was in HS and my parents did whatever was necessary for me not to change HS because I loved playing at my HS.

If Glen Allen was 3-0 his family could move to Alaska for personal reasons and still figure a way out to let him play his senior year. The move is obviously football motivated, i think most of you would agree. What message does this send? If your team sucks then just get your parents to rent a apartment in another district and your good to go. This is unprecedented, i dont think ive ever seen this happen in public school setting. Doesn't shock me that Atlee is involved once again, they are the Ocean Lakes of the central region. VHSL needs to investigate, very shady as a previous post said.
The VHSL does not investigate anything. It is not their job. Only the schools and the Districts can investigate. Then they inform the VHSL of the results.

Unprecedented? What rock have you been under?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT