ADVERTISEMENT

Union Bears 2A State Champs

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
Congrats Union Bears. The best 2A team won it. No upsets at all. The Bears were much, not a little bit, but much better than Radford and ER. Great job by the Union players and an incredible coaching staff at Union. A class-act bunch there in Appy/Big Stone and a well deserved State Championship!

Congrats Union Bears. The best 2A team won it. No upsets at all. The Bears were much, not a little bit, but much better than Radford and ER. Great job by the Union players and an incredible coaching staff at Union. A class-act bunch there in Appy/Big Stone and a well deserved State Championship!
Maybe the favorites looking back but heading into the games, I'm not sure many people outside the 276 area code thought the Bears would beat Radford and ER back to back.
To shut down Ckrmany and Nickel for the most part and not allow either to go off and explode was the biggest accomplishment and allowed the Bears to run their offense and not have to play a style they didn't want. Incredible coaching job by Zack Moore and those kids executed it almost flawlessly. They led by double digits for the majority of both games wow.

Congrats to the Union Bears for this title. I was one of the ones who assumed that East Rock would be too much for them because of all the hype surrounding Nickel. I did not watch much of the game but whatever they did, it definitely worked for them.

I remember being impressed by the Union fan support when they came up this way to play Stuarts Draft in football a few years ago. I know we will not have that kind of atmosphere here in this upcoming "spring" season, but hopefully things will get back to normal by the next school year.

Congrats to the Union Bears for this title. I was one of the ones who assumed that East Rock would be too much for them because of all the hype surrounding Nickel. I did not watch much of the game but whatever they did, it definitely worked for them.

I remember being impressed by the Union fan support when they came up this way to play Stuarts Draft in football a few years ago. I know we will not have that kind of atmosphere here in this upcoming "spring" season, but hopefully things will get back to normal by the next school year.
The Bears didn't try to match his length for most part but they got in his hip pocket on every possession and didn't give him any easy looks. A great player can find their rhythm quick so if you don't allow the couple easy looks to get them heated up it's much easier to slow them down.
But he's an incredible player, at his size his stroke is insanely smooth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT