ADVERTISEMENT

Union vs Glenvar

Keith_Stone33

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2013
I'm not real educated on either of these squads, but on paper it looks like an interesting match-up... What are your thoughts on this one?

I do not know much about Union however I saw Glenvar against Giles (a 33-0 win for the Spartans). If union has a good run defense and puts pressure on the qb they should win this game. If not, Glenvar may squeak out another win. A close game either way I think. The highlander defense is stout despite the loss to Giles so it could also be a low scoring affair too.

Glenvar has a pretty solid "D". I would expect a low scoring game. Union has probably played a tougher schedule, so for that reason, I'd give them a slight edge in this one.

I'm a Union guy and I definitely think this will be one of the better games this weekend. Union has a strong offense with a really good passing game (qb has over 2000 yds) and have developed a solid running game later in the season. Biggest struggle is holding onto the ball in the run game. Defensively pretty good, but have struggled against a big, strong running back like Wagner from Marion. From seeing some film on Glenvar, I think the two match up pretty well so it should be a good game. I'm partial, but I see Union pulling this one out.

I don't think Glenvar has enough offense to win. Their defense is solid, but I am not sure they can score enough to beat Union. If Union has trouble stopping a bigger physical back, then they might have trouble with the big fellow from Glenvar and also they do throw in some quickness from the Manns kid. I say Union wins in a low scoring game. 17-14

Them boys from Big Stone Gap & Appalachia are hard nosed...

and there is no quit in them.

Marion played them last month and do not let that final score fool you the game wasn't decided until the 4th quarter.

The Bears are well coached and have a very good team...3 very good teams have come out of the district in Gate City, Lee High and Union.

Re: Them boys from Big Stone Gap & Appalachia are hard nosed...

Agree Completely with this. Very explosive offense. Scored 27 points in a span of about 4 game minutes against Middlesboro, KY.

Re: Them boys from Big Stone Gap & Appalachia are hard nosed...

Union 35 Glenvar 21

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT