2. Northumberland 22.20000
3. Rappahannock 21.20000
4. Essex 21.10000
5. Northampton 20.40000
6. West Point 19.60000
7. Colonial Beach 19.30000
8. Washington & Lee 14.55556

Reactions: Jdavis54
Your right ,counted the Franklin game twice on my sheet. I like this one better as I would like to see rapp and Northumberland rematch if they both survive round one.

Reactions: gladiators01
Franklin vs Essex in round two looks pretty interesting I believe the team out of this half of bracket will win region

The tougher half of the bracket (imo) is the bottom half.

7 Colonial Beach at 2 Northumberland (rematch of NHS' 35-34 win)

5 West Point at 3 Rappahannock (rematch of a very tight Rapp loss in bad weather).

Both Rapp and NHS have very rough opening games to get past to have a rematch at NHS. CB and WP are very tough outs.

Essex rolls in their bracket.

I hope the rematch happens but it will be brutal getting there.

Franklin vs Essex in round two looks pretty interesting I believe the team out of this half of bracket will win region
I agree by far two best teams in region I believe this will be a close game this time around drelyn Ford not playing but Franklin still gets the win the are the better team even with out ford

Essex offense is completely different from when Franklin played them
I'm sure but what about there attitude the don't play with aggression y'all to big to be losing to smaller teams y'all need to watch film on riverheads there oline is physical at the point of attack

Essex offense is completely different from when Franklin played them
We all know Franklin team is different but that same aggressiveness and physicality is still there that's something you can't teach you are born that way either you got it or you don't

We've seen riverheads first hand don't need to watch any film. I agree Essex needs to play with way more agressiveness but I think this time of the year is bringing that out

Reactions: 20Bronco06
In last year's state semi game. I was mainly pointing out that im aware of how well they're line plays. I know that was last year, but I know it's still very good or better this year.

Rapp has a good passing game. They need to throw the ball all game against West Point. I've heard West Points weakness is their secondary.

Reactions: Eaglepride89
No clue about Rapp but if they struggle vs the run -West Point will be a handful for them. That’s for sure.

West Point at Rapp should be a good rematch battle for sure. WP does have a strong running game.

However, I thought that Rapp D had a good size D line and can stop the run just fine (stopping Essex's Dameron is tough for anyone). I know that one of their D stars was D. Butler (I think he was #72).

Yes, Rapp has some passing weapons for sure.

Essex getting the best draw is debatable. Nobody wants to have to go Franklin for a second round game.

I would still rather play any team in the NNK again over playing Franklin. I still think they are the best team in region A.

I would still rather play any team in the NNK again over playing Franklin. I still think they are the best team in region A.

I respect that opinion and you may be correct.

However, I disagree that Franklin is the best team in Region A. I have nothing against them at all so sorry if this is upsetting.

I would put Franklin (especially without Ford but maybe even with him) as the 4th best team behind the 3 NND champions.

Reactions: Eaglepride89
Definitely hard to say at this point. No team has a clear advantage, but playing at home is crucial.

Essex will blow them out

Not saying you are wrong but you also said they would finish with 5 loses back when they were 5-1 and they finished 8-2. This game and the Franklin games are easy picks.
Great job to Northampton on turning their program around! Well done.

However, of the top 4 seed's opponents, #4 seed Essex got the best draw imo.

I think Franklin's draw is more than favorable. W&L only won 3 games and their next closest was Northumberland. Northampton also lost to Northumberland in two parts 14-0 and 14-6.
Franklin and Essex will both have no trouble in the first round. I have an inkling that the 2 and 3 seeds might go down. Dont know why, maybe it's Northumberland playing so many games down the stretch and the fact WP beat Rappahannock once and then played KW tough and barely lost to a very good Clarke team.
As I've stated before it will be fun. I'm just glad almost every team in Region A is deserving and not a bad football team.... @Region B

Not saying you are wrong but you also said they would finish with 5 loses back when they were 5-1 and they finished 8-2. This game and the Franklin games are easy picks.

I think Franklin's draw is more than favorable. W&L only won 3 games and their next closest was Northumberland. Northampton also lost to Northumberland in two parts 14-0 and 14-6.
Franklin and Essex will both have no trouble in the first round. I have an inkling that the 2 and 3 seeds might go down. Dont know why, maybe it's Northumberland playing so many games down the stretch and the fact WP beat Rappahannock once and then played KW tough and barely lost to a very good Clarke team.
As I've stated before it will be fun. I'm just glad almost every team in Region A is deserving and not a bad football team.... @Region B

Interesting thoughts! I would have liked the analysis but since you said the Indians will probably lose, I can't give that the thumbs up lol.

But yes, as I posted, I am very nervous about the CB game and think Northumberland definitely got the scariest draw!

Gotta play mistake free ball and be disciplined to beat CB. Thank goodness the game is in Northumberland where Coach Lewis remains undefeated as a head coach. Gonna be a war. Coach Lewis and staff must win the chess match and his players must be mentally prepared.

WP did play great v KW and Clarke indeed. I haven't checked lately but I think Clarke was not as powerful recently but still an impressive game for WP.

The Raiders have been on fire lately (Essex game could have gone either way it sounds like). Rapp coaches have been doing a great job of late (WP coaching too) but I think Rapp has too many weapons in the end for WP to contain for 4 quarters.

Reactions: NNKalum12

Northampton has improved - they were really thinking that they were going to come back and defeat the Indians before the 2nd half game. I respect that and great job to them.

Coach Jones has Essex playing well at the right time. Essex will win big by the time it is over imo.

Northampton may also be nervous about Essex - it used to be 80 to 0 all the time. Again, great job to Northampton for turning it around. I hear that they have a great coach.

ADVERTISEMENT