ADVERTISEMENT

unofficial Reg. C & D ratings AND cheat sheet

This must be a labor of love for you! It makes my head spin.

I've been doing this for 30 years, so it's old hat. I was the Grundy radio station board op and a math guy, and the play-by-play guy asked me to learn the system so we'd know things b4 everyone else. Broadcast would end around 10 & I'd announce the probable pairings for Regions D & IV at 11. I still have all of the old Master Schedule 'books' that were mailed from from Hoo-ville.

It became a bit bigger about 15 years ago when the Richlands station hired me in early August, since they stream online.

I track all the related scores, and the only year I hated as much as this one was the sniper year.

At least I DID get to see a regular season game for the first time in about 10 years last week. Last playoff games I saw were Clintwood ('11) & Honaker ('12) in the finals at Salem, which I know like the back of my hand after 20 years of state wrestling finals.

Reactions: VaTech98
I've been doing this for 30 years, so it's old hat. I was the Grundy radio station board op and a math guy, and the play-by-play guy asked me to learn the system so we'd know things b4 everyone else. Broadcast would end around 10 & I'd announce the probable pairings for Regions D & IV at 11. I still have all of the old Master Schedule 'books' that were mailed from from Hoo-ville.

It became a bit bigger about 15 years ago when the Richlands station hired me in early August, since they stream online.

I track all the related scores, and the only year I hated as much as this one was the sniper year.

At least I DID get to see a regular season game for the first time in about 10 years last week. Last playoff games I saw were Clintwood ('11) & Honaker ('12) in the finals at Salem, which I know like the back of my hand after 20 years of state wrestling finals.
Are you the VHSL Helper on the VAWA BOARDS? I really liked your comments about the state tourney info about Salem Civic Center. Everyone learned last year the grass isn’t greener on the other side and this year will be worse!

yep, that's me.
I can handle state this year, since I won't have to travel for Regionals!!!

depends on who you think should win Richlands @ Va. High.
I don't do "shoulds" ... I just post the numbers break-down

Reactions: 19GHS87
It seems that Graham could still possibly get the #2 seed if V high beats Richlands......

Don't matter who gets what out there. It's going thru the motions of who gets to be Appos next victim.
I knew when I saw that you replied that it wouldnt be anything informative. Just so you know, the Graham G-Men have just as many state titles as Appomattox. Respect your opponents. Your team has my ut-most respect. You seem to have none for anybody else. Success at the high school level, especially schools of this size has it's ebbs and flows.

Look man this ain't no disco and this aint no party. This is Appo at its finest. I've been thru the hard years when I suffered up hard and I was on the down low. I was watching all of em! All of em when Appo played and supported by boys thru and thru even when we wuz feedin on liquids an no thick meat from the soup bucket. Its my time now. I put in my work and Im feedin. And I get to feed 6 times unless the state of Virginia duz somthin about it. 4 times 4 sure

Look man this ain't no disco and this aint no party. This is Appo at its finest. I've been thru the hard years when I suffered up hard and I was on the down low. I was watching all of em! All of em when Appo played and supported by boys thru and thru even when we wuz feedin on liquids an no thick meat from the soup bucket. Its my time now. I put in my work and Im feedin. And I get to feed 6 times unless the state of Virginia duz somthin about it. 4 times 4 sure

Well go feed, if it will keep your mouth busy. There are plenty of the rest of us who have supported our teams through the good and the bad. Difference is, most of those people act like we've been there before.

Last edited:
I'll ask this on this board since points are being discussed. If a team only has 9 games on it's schedule, are the final points added up and divided by 9 or how does it get calculated?

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I'll ask this on this board since points are being discussed. If a team only has 9 games on it's schedule, are the final points added up and divided by 9 or how does it get calculated?
That’s my understanding. Add it up and divide by the number of games played.

Its pretty easy to tell when you are lying.Let me tell you how everyone knows when you are lying.Its not that hard its when you open your big mouth.....

By 9 games, we mean 9 games that count in the ratings.
Teams/schools like Massa. Mil, FUMA, North Cross, "X" Home School don't count.

Don't nobody mind Appo3, he's full of hot air and doesn't represent what Appomattox Raiders and fans represent. We asked him what part of Appo he was from and he had no answer... He's a troll trying to make Appo and its fan base look bad.... I wish I could meet you face to face, I'd tell u just like I write. I mean I'm willing, are u ? I know u may come back and be all big and bad on here with your cockiness you are proud of because your behind a screen pushing buttons. If you from Appomattox I can name a place that you should know where its at. Tell me how to get there and I may think u just may be from Appo. Tell me how to get to Carsons Bridge...... Go

What drugs are you on?

Reactions: Bigrhsfan
Could someone help me in understanding which rider points fell radfords way to help them lock up the 1 seed? Just wondering

Glen 250 + 15 = 265
Rad 231 + 36 = 267

So Rad. had the lead BEFORE the riders, then gained 7 riders to 5...
2 - Alleg-Floyd; Fort/Bland, GW/RR, 1 - Galax/Gray vs.
2- Alleg-Floyd, Gray-Galax; 1 - Cov/Bath

wouldnt Glenvar pick up 2 for a covington win? so i guess 7-6 on the rider points? I actually went to this game last night. Good hard fought game, In my opinion Radford caught the breaks in this one but they excuted when they needed to and put the game away. I thought Glenvars play calling was lack luster at best. Unless they change some things that 2nd round game with Appomattox could get ugly. common sense would suggest if a team stacks 9 in the box your going to have to throw the football and for some reason Glenvar just didnt. Great game to both teams and will be looking forward to a 3rd Round Rematch.

Wont be no third round rematch for Glenvar an Radford. Yaw don't have to worry bout playing each other again this year. Appo writefuly angry at how it was made the 3 seed and about to roll thru region C like a silver sledgehammer

Angry??? LOL !!!
Appo ppl. should be GIDDY!
Ppl. don't understand how points work. Last year, it was *itchn' 'bout how it hurt to replace Nelson , but a win over Nelson would've DROPPED Appo to 3 and Giles would've been a ROAD game.
Sheesh!

When the silver cannonball rolls thru don't say you weren't told .As of right now you are put on notice! They coming an even 4 inch cleats from the west ain't stopping em

I hate when I read something and when I’m done I feel dumber.. that’s how your posts make me feel Appo3.. your a troll but you may very well be right. If Glenvar plays like they played last night it won’t take much from Appo to beat them.. with that being said the Appo Glenvar game last year was a great game. However I think Glenvar is better this year than they were last year and I don’t think Appo is as good. I always hate seeing a team come out flat after a bye week but that’s the name of the game.. we’ll see who shows up.

Honestly? The dude is growing on me. I mean I would be pissed if I had a kid or family playing for Appomattox and some dude was putting all this extra pressure on them (like three straight titles isn't enough) but as someone on the outside, Im starting to find it kinda funny

Reactions: obguthr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT