ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Coach Yuhas

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
He was transported from UVA to Lewis Gale on Tuesday. He will start therapy tomorrow. I know from personal experience that the PT/OT/ST @ LG are wonderful, he is in good hands. I have been there 3x for extended therapy and he will get wonderful care. Glad he is doing better and is one step closer to home. Anyone interested in visiting it's best to wait till after 4 in the afternoon because therapy usually occurs between 8-4. He won't be doing therapy the whole day, but those are the hours they usually do therapy. He will be on the 4th floor, not sure of his room number. His family requested to give him a couple days to recuperate as he was wore out from transport yesterday and the therapy I'm sure will be no easy task.Continue to keep him and his family in your prayers, his condition is stable, but the therapy will be a challenge I'm sure. I know he is a tough guy as evidenced by his fighting through the worst of it, but now he'll have to put the work in to get back as much strength back as he can.

Really good news, especially in light of how gloomy the initial outlook and situation were. I don't know Coach Yuhas personally, but from everything I've heard about him, it sounds like he has the stuff to navigate the long, challenging road ahead.

To Coach Y: Best wishes for a successful rehab and full recovery. And - thanks for all you've done!

Reactions: mike salem
Glad to hear it, a friend of mine that I work with has a son that plays JV at Salem and I know he was very concerned, here's to a speedy recovery

Reactions: mike salem
ADVERTISEMENT