ADVERTISEMENT

UVA fans...

Rushed my post on Friday...Our very bad team almost beat UVA this year..If it hadn’t have been for Kyle Guy being so hot, you would’ve lost to the 9th best team in the A10. After watching just how bad VCU was by February, I knew UVA wasn’t very good. 32-2 but you gotta finish the job, something they’ve failed to do the past 4 years with very good players. First time ever a 16 beat a 1 seed and then beat them by 20. UVA’s excuse of Hunter not playing is just terrible. Hunter wasn’t a 20 point difference maker. BTW, Been to several UVA games before. VCU fans are waaaaaaaaay better. 110+ sellouts speaks for itselt. Only thing that UVA has on VCU is they play in the ACC and they’ve had consistency at the top. Bennett didn’t jump ship, whereas we’ve had 3 coaches in 4 years and had A LOT of Top 100 players transfer or decommit. Our AD is terrible for declining the bid to the AAC with Witchita last year as well as not hiring Lynchburg native and current NC State Head Coach Kevin Keatts in 2014. That’s the only advantage UVA has over us. 7 straight NCAA appearances and a Final Four appearance. Cough cough.
I'll take UVA fans any day over VCU. I'll take Coach Bennett any day whether is won the big one or not. That man has class. He will get the big one. It took Coach K and Dean Smith years to win it. Kyle Guy got hot you say, well isn't he a player on the team, cough cough. Hunter would have made an impact on that game. Does he score 20 no, but he is also one helluva a defensive player so maybe he didn't need to score 20, maybe they wouldn't have scored as much. VCU fans were the worst of any fans I've ever seen. Even Duke student sections was not that bad

Big deal, will they win the World Series? UVA did
Depends. Came close to going to Omaha 2 Year’s ago.. The beauty of college baseball is any team that gets hot at the right time can take it. No single elimination. Solid pitching, hitting and a thing called luck. Rams are going to be tough this year.
And he is doing in front of a little girl. WOW
What’s the point and big deal? Little girl is perfectly fine. She’s boo’ing too & having a good time. Hell she’s a big time Ram fan in my eyes. Those tickets were $200 and tip off was 4oclock (UVA walking in probably took place around 2:30) meaning she missed time out of school. And what were was the student section supposed to do? Give them a standing ovation as they entered LOL!!! Come on Wik!

Reactions: mbonape1
Depends. Came close to going to Omaha 2 Year’s ago.. The beauty of college baseball is any team that gets hot at the right time can take it. No single elimination. Solid pitching, hitting and a thing called luck. Rams are going to be tough this year.

What’s the point and big deal? Little girl is perfectly fine. She’s boo’ing too & having a good time. Hell she’s a big time Ram fan in my eyes. Those tickets were $200 and tip off was 4oclock (UVA walking in probably took place around 2:30) meaning she missed time out of school. And what were was the student section supposed to do? Give them a standing ovation as they entered LOL!!! Come on Wik!
Whats your point about it all. Starting a thread about UVA to begin with. I thought you were one of the nicest people on here, hmm! I didn't start the post you did but I will defend my teams if necessary. By the way it is Wikki not Wiki

Whats your point about it all. Starting a thread about UVA to begin with. I thought you were one of the nicest people on here, hmm! I didn't start the post you did but I will defend my teams if necessary. By the way it is Wikki not Wiki
First and foremost, me being nice or my character has absolutely nothing to do with anything here. Nothing wrong with defending your team but gosh, don't take things to heart and take it so personal.

Anything’s free game with student sections as long as it’s not racial, gender based or vulgar/graphic. SBU’s McDonalds joke would be very acceptable if it’s coming from 18-20 year old colleges students. I’m 24 years old and I wouldn’t dare throw off on anybody’s college degree. When I was 19 and immature, that was a different story. If you can’t joke with your rival then where the heck is the fun in that? People get so hurt over nothing. We used to have odu, uva and henrico Hate Week and the liberal/political correct crowd said we couldn’t say that any more. Absolutely crazy! People need to toughen up and have some fun!

First and foremost, me being nice or my character has absolutely nothing to do with anything here. Nothing wrong with defending your team but gosh, don't take things to heart and take it so personal.
You have your opinion and I have mine. you can't tell someone how to feel. I didn't insult your VCU until you started it. I will defend my teams anytime

VCU fans are “disgusting” but you’re calling a kid “fat”.. Wikki that’s terrible![/Q
He shouldn't be acting like that and calling the players trash to their face in front of that little girl. I would not say that to him personally like he did. Big difference

Jesus, the little girl is fine! She’s boo’ing too. What do you expect at a college basketball game? “Hey Kyle Guy, I love your eyes and haircut :)“..Let’s be real..It’s really terrible that a grown woman is justifying calling a KID fat because he did what tens of thousands of students and fans do at sporting events... If he’s truly disgusting for trolling a player then I guess your words are too, right? I’m done here cause this is a god awful waste of time going back and forth.

Jesus, the little girl is fine! She’s boo’ing too. What do you expect at a college basketball game? “Hey Kyle Guy, I love your eyes and haircut :)“..Let’s be real..It’s really terrible that a grown woman is justifying calling a KID fat because he did what tens of thousands of students and fans do at sporting events... If he’s truly disgusting for trolling a player then I guess your words are too, right? I’m done here cause this is a god awful waste of time going back and forth.

Well technically my man, if he is a student at VCU (I didn't watch the video so don't know about a little girl or what he said), then he isn't a KID.

Well technically my man, if he is a student at VCU (I didn't watch the video so don't know about a little girl or what he said), then he isn't a KID.
Technically my brother. Call it political correctness or whatever about the fat remark, it was tasteless. Hell I’ve been fat before too and I’ve been teased and had low self esteem. I don’t find obesity funny at all. My whole point was, don’t call other people’s actions disgusting, when yours is just as repulsive. Don’t be a hypocrite (not you Gunz, I’m speaking about the situation). I’m honestly really done with this thread. Can’t even have fun on here without some type of conflict :confused:

Technically my brother. Call it political correctness or whatever about the fat remark, it was tasteless. Hell I’ve been fat before too and I’ve been teased and had low self esteem. My whole point was, don’t call other people’s actions disgusting, when yours is just as repulsive. Don’t be a hypocrite (not you Gunz, I’m speaking about the situation). I’m honestly really done with this thread. Can’t even have fun on here without some type of conflict :confused:

Well that's what I was doing with the post, have fun. I would still call them kids, but technically they aren't lol

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
To end this silly and crazy discussion, opponents love being trolled when they go to arenas. I remember when Malcolm Brogdon, Justin Anderson and BJ Stith came in 14 and we trashed talked them the whole game and said way worst things than this kid did. Afterwards they laughed and joked and took pictures with us. BJ and I are boys even til this day. UR guys are the best sports! I’m cool with all those guys and they know it’s all fun and games and they love playing at our arena. My fave was Giddy Potts from MTSU. The student section gave him absolute hell and after we beat them, he gave us all dap after the game. People get so crybaby like over nothing. These kids are having the time of their life. Stop crying about student sections being bad sports. If VCU were disgusting, they would’ve boo’ed Shaka Smart or wouldn’t honored the Texas player who has leukemia or wouldn’t been out in the rain collecting items for Houston, or other philanthropy they do around Richmond right? Know your facts before speaking. Only time you truly see players go at the fans is when the season ticket holders say things out of the way (Marcus Smart situation/professional sports all of the time) or when the students storm the court after a big win. Sports Head out!

Reactions: mbonape1
You started this nonsense. I'm done as well. Kyle finished that game in good fashion since he is trash

When your team couldn't get it done you celebrate for the team that did? Rather prickish. You know what the difference between your VCU diploma and a dollar bill is? A dollar

When your team couldn't get it done you celebrate for the team that did? Rather prickish. You know what the difference between your VCU diploma and a dollar bill is? A dollar
7 straight NCAA appearances (only team in Virginia to ever accomplish that) and a recent Final 4 appearance... Troy Daniels, Tre Graham, and Bri Weber in the NBA (contributing) with numerous others playing overseas. Not too bad for a mid major program. Just don’t hide when we come to JPJ in November and handle business! All I’m saying is PJ Byrd is Texas tough and we return all but 2 contributors pending no transfers.

7 straight NCAA appearances (only team in Virginia to ever accomplish that) and a recent Final 4 appearance... Troy Daniels, Tre Graham, and Bri Weber in the NBA (contributing) with numerous others playing overseas. Not too bad for a mid major program. Just don’t hide when we come to JPJ in November and handle business! All I’m saying is PJ Byrd is Texas tough and we return all but 2 contributors pending no transfers.

That prediction sounds a lot like that East Carolina football prediction you made

Thanks Southbottom. You know you think you know people and you don't. It's okay southbottom, I'm done. Will no longer give any leverage. Besides their fans proved that night how arrogant they are

That prediction sounds a lot like that East Carolina football prediction yo
Thanks Southbottom. You know you think you know people and you don't. It's okay southbottom, I'm done. Will no longer give any leverage. Besides their fans proved that night how arrogant they are

Try months and years!

I have degrees from two different state schools. One from UVA. Do they give degrees at VCU or do they just give out certificates of participation.
UVA Regular Season ACC champs
ACC tournament champs, Ranked number 1 in the nation, Finished #5. 31-3 . 20-1 in ACC play. Tony Bennett national coach cf the year, Kyle Guy 1st team all acc and American, Isiah Wilkins defensive player of the year, DeAndre Hunter 6th man of the year.

VCU did what this year? Nothing

VCU is a safety school academically for better than average students. Basically their relavance academically and athletically is summed up as VCwho?
UMBC 74 uva 54 Final.

UVA Regular Season ACC champs
ACC tournament champs, Ranked number 1 in the nation, Finished #5. 31-3 . 20-1 in ACC play. Tony Bennett national coach cf the year, Kyle Guy 1st team all acc and American, Isiah Wilkins defensive player of the year, DeAndre Hunter 6th man of the year.

VCU did what this year? Nothing

VCU is a safety school academically for better than average students. Basically their relavance academically and athletically is summed up as VCwho?

UMBC 74 uva 54 Final.

Who cares about who’s more relevant academically? Of course UVA is categorized higher, they’re 149 years older than VCU. Sounds like an insecurity issue to me playa playa. We’re talking basketball and you bringing up what school is harder to get into LOL!! Who cares home boiii!

When people get upset and start talking about the person and not the joke then maybe it's time to quit.

Don't know any of you, but it may have went too far when both sides are talking about people's degrees. That is something that EVERYONE should be proud of, regardless of school. Sure it may be harder to get into one vs the other, but every school has bad apples.

I'm sure everyone on here has a team that they cheer for, and they are upset when they lose, some more than others. But all I see from this thread is trying to embarrass and demean one another. And not one person on here is a UMBC fan, thus it's not about personal team pride. Everyone should just be realistic with it. UVA played horrendous, and if they played more times UVA would win. That is the good/bad of March Madness. I believe UVA played VCU this year, with UVA winning. It was one game, and sure something could have changed if they played again. But when it's said that they only won because we played bad, or this guy got hot, well same can be said another way. And sure one guy can get hot and win a game, but just because that happened doesn't mean one played great and one played bad.

Sure it's fun to razz people because of their team, but sometimes it goes too far. I'm not a fan of any of the teams mentioned, I dont want them to lose either. If they aren't playing a team I like then I hope they win, as they are in state or the underdog. But when you go at someone, don't get offended when they come back, and certainly don't make excuses

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT