ADVERTISEMENT

UVA fans...

When people get upset and start talking about the person and not the joke then maybe it's time to quit.

Don't know any of you, but it may have went too far when both sides are talking about people's degrees. That is something that EVERYONE should be proud of, regardless of school. Sure it may be harder to get into one vs the other, but every school has bad apples.

I'm sure everyone on here has a team that they cheer for, and they are upset when they lose, some more than others. But all I see from this thread is trying to embarrass and demean one another. And not one person on here is a UMBC fan, thus it's not about personal team pride. Everyone should just be realistic with it. UVA played horrendous, and if they played more times UVA would win. That is the good/bad of March Madness. I believe UVA played VCU this year, with UVA winning. It was one game, and sure something could have changed if they played again. But when it's said that they only won because we played bad, or this guy got hot, well same can be said another way. And sure one guy can get hot and win a game, but just because that happened doesn't mean one played great and one played bad.

Sure it's fun to razz people because of their team, but sometimes it goes too far. I'm not a fan of any of the teams mentioned, I dont want them to lose either. If they aren't playing a team I like then I hope they win, as they are in state or the underdog. But when you go at someone, don't get offended when they come back, and certainly don't make excuses
Yeah it's due time to end it. It was meant to be a funny thread. Fun while it lasted.

When people get upset and start talking about the person and not the joke then maybe it's time to quit.

Don't know any of you, but it may have went too far when both sides are talking about people's degrees. That is something that EVERYONE should be proud of, regardless of school. Sure it may be harder to get into one vs the other, but every school has bad apples.

I'm sure everyone on here has a team that they cheer for, and they are upset when they lose, some more than others. But all I see from this thread is trying to embarrass and demean one another. And not one person on here is a UMBC fan, thus it's not about personal team pride. Everyone should just be realistic with it. UVA played horrendous, and if they played more times UVA would win. That is the good/bad of March Madness. I believe UVA played VCU this year, with UVA winning. It was one game, and sure something could have changed if they played again. But when it's said that they only won because we played bad, or this guy got hot, well same can be said another way. And sure one guy can get hot and win a game, but just because that happened doesn't mean one played great and one played bad.

Sure it's fun to razz people because of their team, but sometimes it goes too far. I'm not a fan of any of the teams mentioned, I dont want them to lose either. If they aren't playing a team I like then I hope they win, as they are in state or the underdog. But when you go at someone, don't get offended when they come back, and certainly don't make excuses
Its okay Gunz this is supposed to be about high school anyway. Not sure why they allow discussions about college. The person I met that one night at Amherst was one of the nicest guys I had ever met but my mind has changed.He started it and continued with his antics. I defended what he wrote of course because UVA is my team. People can see what kind of a person he is by his post, enough said

Last edited:
Its okay Gunz this is supposed to be about high school anyway. Not sure why they allow discussions about college. The person I met that one night at Amherst was one of the nicest guys I had ever met but my mind has changed.He started it and continued with his antics. I defended what he wrote of course because UVA is my team. People can see what kind of a person he is by his post, enough said
Wikki, most of us respect you as a poster and your opinion.

I can tell without a doubt dsh is the likeable guy you met previously. In fact, if my memory serves me correct he came to your defense when another poster disrespected you as a person. He did pop off about UVA, but I surely dont think he meant anything personal against you. Its really none of my business, but you both are well liked by most so please just let it go.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT