ADVERTISEMENT

Valley so far...

Sep 23, 2011
Looks a little better than last year.

Is Broadway going to win a game? The Fort Defiance/Broadway matchup may be the battle for last place in teams that were former perennial powers.

Turner Ashby turned in an impressive performance against Monticello last night, losing in the final minute. They certainly seem to be a playoff team.

Spotswood was hands down better than Western Albemarle last night in a resume building win, after only falling by 10 to Lord Botetourt the week before. New head coach, new offensive scheme...they've gotten better every week.

Harrisonburg fell to Charlottesville after beating Handley the week before. The jury is still out on the Streaks, they will need to run the tables if they want to make the 4A playoffs.

Waynesboro got shut out by Draft, but the Cougars are probably Shenandoah favorites. WHS is still a dark horse this far.

Then there's the Leemen. They certainly will be 2A contenders but can they win the Valley again? After being crushed by Riverheads and the come from behind victory against Rockbridge, they still have something to prove.

One more non district game, then the real fun begins. Any thoughts?

Spotswood looks like the team to beat at the moment. Two impressive wins in a row for the Blazers.

Harrisonburg lost to Brookville 30-27 last night because of a late 4th quarter fumble deep in their own territory.

Once again, Spotswood has improved from the game before, a very impressive win at Monticello.

I think Spotswood, Harrisonburg, and TA are your top 3.

Harrisonburg lost to Brookville 30-27 last night because of a late 4th quarter fumble deep in their own territory.

Once again, Spotswood has improved from the game before, a very impressive win at Monticello.

I think Spotswood, Harrisonburg, and TA are your top 3.
Does that prove that maybe Brookville is not as good, just curious

I havent seen everyone, and won't but just by how they are playing with highlights and all I would say this.

1. Spotswood
2. Turner Ashby
3. Harrisonburg

4-6. Haven't seen Lee so don't know but I will say Lee 4th. 5th and 6th will be a battle and I can see either team winning between Fort and Waynesboro. I didn't see the great speed and athletes that Waynesboro has had, even some of those winless teams had athletes but they may have enough to get by Fort. But from the games I believe Fort is a better "team." I will still say Waynesboro wins a close one there and therefore 5th, with Fort 6th.

7. Broadway. And I don't think they are that close to any of them. They have a few nice players, but can't put it together

I have been wrong many times before (football and otherwise) and will be wrong many times to come, but that is what I would think

I havent seen everyone, and won't but just by how they are playing with highlights and all I would say this.

1. Spotswood
2. Turner Ashby
3. Harrisonburg

4-6. Haven't seen Lee so don't know but I will say Lee 4th. 5th and 6th will be a battle and I can see either team winning between Fort and Waynesboro. I didn't see the great speed and athletes that Waynesboro has had, even some of those winless teams had athletes but they may have enough to get by Fort. But from the games I believe Fort is a better "team." I will still say Waynesboro wins a close one there and therefore 5th, with Fort 6th.

7. Broadway. And I don't think they are that close to any of them. They have a few nice players, but can't put it together

I have been wrong many times before (football and otherwise) and will be wrong many times to come, but that is what I would think
i think this is pretty spot on

Does that prove that maybe Brookville is not as good, just curious
It might show Brookville is not as strong, but as you know proving is a product of the field. Brookville may play to the level of the competition? We'll find out soon!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT