ADVERTISEMENT

Veterans Day

Amen, because of those who served and those who continue to serve we can enjoy the freedoms we have.

This morning at church we honored our veterans and one man in particular touched my heart. He served a term in Korea and two terms in Vietnam. At the age of 85 He suffers from the injuries sustained in battle (2 purple hearts), but is so humble about what he gave up.

Another veteran dear to my heart is Marine Sgt. Matthew Bradford a former Dinwiddie football player and alumni. He lost both legs, his hand and vision for this country. He exemplifies courage and strength. His motto is #nolegs,no vision,no problem.

If you get a chance to thank a veteran do it. Its a simple thing to do and it is deserved.

Let us all honor the Veterans that have given so much, by being persistent and vocal about improvement in the health care provided by the Veterans Administration. They have EARNED the best care this country can provide.

My personal thank you to each and every Veteran that sacrificed so much, so that we can live safe and unafraid.

Thank you. From my father to my brothers, to my nephew and niece. We all say thank you. My nephew was lost in Iraq in Marine Corp so I know what this means. Now my son a state champion, is a US Army vet.

I'm proud of the fact that two of my employees are Veterans. One is a former Marine. The other is a 77 year old Army Vietnam vet. Another that used to work for me is a former Marine that was in charge of Security for Marine One during the Nixon Administration. My son-in-law is a retired former member of The Old Guard, and a member of units and missions that have no names. My father was a B17 pilot and Fight Instructor, and a B29 pilot in two wars. My grandfather served in WWI and was wounded in France during The Battle of Argonne Forest. My father-in-law was critically injuried in the Battle of the Bulge in which every other member of his unit was killed.

To say that I respect and appreciate all that so many have sacrificed for my safety would be an understatement. Thank you again, to all that have served, and to all of the family members that shared that sacrifice.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT