ADVERTISEMENT

VHSCA All Star Game

Man, who even knew. I think I was less aware of the game now than when they used to have the truly idiotic decision to play it in late spring or something.
I know, it was not promoted well. Plus it didn’t help that it was held at Uva-Wise. I hope this was the first and last year that it was held there. Nice facilities but too far for most players/families and the crowd turnout just wasn’t there.

The Red team defeated the Blue team 20-7. Heritage RB Elijah Davis won Offensive MVP for the Blue team and EC Glass LB Thomas Patterson won Defensive MVP for the Blue team!

Lynchburg with the clean sweep!
THANK. YOU VHSL FOR REASSURING US YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS!!!!!

Who does the invites to these games? Seems like there were a lot of other players that could have been there.

Who does the invites to these games? Seems like there were a lot of other players that could have been there.
Coaches that are members of the VHSCA (probably 99% are) submit guys to be selected. Usually any body that is all state caliber will get the invite however, as @dringtuoti mentioned, there are several all star games across the state now unfortunately. There where 3 scheduled for just yesterday alone. So, although the VHSCA is the oldest and still the most prestigious, others have pulled some of the big name players away from VHSCA. I know that K'vaughn Pope from Dinwiddie and Syour Fludd from Monacan were invited but they chose to play in the I-64 Bowl (804 vs. 757 game that was inevitably cancelled). Beck from Blacksburg and Overstreet from Staunton River were also invited but declined to attend for whatever reasons. Those are just a few names that were invited but chose not to attend this year.

Fludd and Bridy played in the Big River Rivalry at Randolph Macon. The game pits players from the Metro Richmond against each other. South of the James River (Manchester, Dale, LC Bird, Monacan, Dinwiddie.....) form one team and North of the River (Hermitage, Highland Springs, Henrico, Atlee..... form the other.

The South won this years game, but the North leads the series 3-2.

Fludd and Bridy played in the Big River Rivalry at Randolph Macon. The game pits players from the Metro Richmond against each other. South of the James River (Manchester, Dale, LC Bird, Monacan, Dinwiddie.....) form one team and North of the River (Hermitage, Highland Springs, Henrico, Atlee..... form the other.

The South won this years game, but the North leads the series 3-2.

Did anybody from the Richmond area even participate in this game (VHSLA Game)? I had no idea that it was happening at all.

Also , the bus taking the 804 team to play the 757 team in the I-64 Bowl broke down and the game had to be cancelled. Thank God my boys elected to play in the Richmond Big River Rivalry game. Can you imagine the disappointment of playing your last high school game ever and the bus breaks down???

I was surprised the South beat the North the way that they did. 23-0. Ouch! The kid from Trinity (Tink Boyd) won MVP and I saw him 2 hours later beat up on Hopewell in basketball. Amazing athlete!

Did anybody from the Richmond area even participate in this game (VHSLA Game)? I had no idea that it was happening at all.

Also , the bus taking the 804 team to play the 757 team in the I-64 Bowl broke down and the game had to be cancelled. Thank God my boys elected to play in the Richmond Big River Rivalry game. Can you imagine the disappointment of playing your last high school game ever and the bus breaks down???
A few guys from the Richmond area participated in the VHSCA game. I don't remember names but I definitely recognized the helmets of Hermitage and LC Bird but they were the only two that I can say for sure.

There used to be a Western Va (Roanoke) vs Central Va (Lynchburg) All Star game at Fleming a few years back, but they don't have it anymore unfortunately.

Reactions: VolNation85

A few guys from the Richmond area participated in the VHSCA game. I don't remember names but I definitely recognized the helmets of Hermitage and LC Bird but they were the only two that I can say for sure.

The Red team defeated the Blue team 20-7. Heritage RB Elijah Davis won Offensive MVP for the Blue team and EC Glass LB Thomas Patterson won Defensive MVP for the Blue team!

Lynchburg with the clean sweep!
From what I heard, D'Ago Hunter (EV) had the only score for the blue team on a pretty good catch/run.

I sure hope he gets to play college ball.. I don't care if he is 5'5 he can play ball. He is a jitter-bug and has amazing agility and balance. I think he can come in and be an offensive spark for somebody on the collegiate level. I hope somebody decent gives him a scholarship. Plus it is hard not to root for the little guy in a sport full of giants.

I sure hope he gets to play college ball.. I don't care if he is 5'5 he can play ball. He is a jitter-bug and has amazing agility and balance. I think he can come in and be an offensive spark for somebody on the collegiate level. I hope somebody decent gives him a scholarship. Plus it is hard not to root for the little guy in a sport full of giants.
He has at least one offer that I've seen....small school though. He's played varsity full time for 4 years and I don't think I've ever seen that kid take what you would call a hard hit. I guess being that size and so shifty, the tacklers are too worried about getting their hands on him at all. Can't really size him up for a clean hit.

Reactions: mbonape1
And he has two younger brothers about to come through EV as well. They are as electric as D’Ago. Their names will pop up on here in the coming years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT