ADVERTISEMENT

VHSL Class 4 All State

Brandon Smith didn't even get Jefferson District DPOY. Thurston is a great player but his stats/performance wasn't close to getting that over Smith, but he did. Very curious as to why....

Your head coach most likely pushed Thurston over Smith. Not knocking either kid or your coach but usually that's what it comes to when your team has this much success. Other coaches can say what they want but the way these teams and kids are selected are based on a buddy system. It is almost an unwritten rule. If he voted for my kid then I will help his kid out.

Your head coach most likely pushed Thurston over Smith. Not knocking either kid or your coach but usually that's what it comes to when your team has this much success. Other coaches can say what they want but the way these teams and kids are selected are based on a buddy system. It is almost an unwritten rule. If he voted for my kid then I will help his kid out.
Coaches are most likely to vote in line with their Friends, districts, regions, and teams that they have played.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT