ADVERTISEMENT

VHSL rules vs participation in other Leagues?

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
There was a feature TV Sports report this last week about a local HS football player is transferring to play Fall Football in WV. The report ends by stating that the kid could not then return to also play football in the Spring, VSHL league at his old school.

The question I have is how is this any different from kids playing on a travel soccer team or an AAU basketball summer team, then also playing on their HS team for the regular VHSL league program? I feel ignorant about this & maybe there is a simple answer to this?

I think the VHSL has a limit of how many games a kid can play in certain time frame in any sport. These would probably fall under a game the is part of the National Federation of High Schools. In VHSL you can only play 10 regular season football games. Basketball I think is 22. I will look at VHSL rule book to see. This will go under the transfer rule. Need to be a Philadelphia Lawyer to figure this crap out.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
My son has chosen a different path this fall for football. Virginia is run by a bunch of sissies. A team from GA invited him to play and he transferred down there for the fall. He told his local HS team to kick rocks.

My son has chosen a different path this fall for football. Virginia is run by a bunch of sissies. A team from GA invited him to play and he transferred down there for the fall. He told his local HS team to kick rocks.
If he transfers back to Virginia. Will he ask about playing football in the spring or maybe another sport?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT