ADVERTISEMENT

Volunteers for games

wikki

VaPreps All State
Oct 21, 2001
Any ideas would be appreciated

Last edited:
We struggle with it also Wikki, tried free food for volunteering and everything . After many years I have found the most effective way to get people out is you have to have somebody running the show who everybody likes. It has to be fun.

We struggle with it also Wikki, tried free food for volunteering and everything . After many years I have found the most effective way to get people out is you have to have somebody running the show who everybody likes. It has to be fun.
I know apparently lots of schools struggle. We have no trouble for football but everything else, not many parents want to help. It is three of us that do all the work. We do give them free food if they work that night

Any ideas would be appreciated
At Glass they use the teams and their parents. So when you volunteer you sign up for a team and they track hours the team that helps the most gets $500.00. Football works just about every basketball game and enjoy doing it.

At Glass they use the teams and their parents. So when you volunteer you sign up for a team and they track hours the team that helps the most gets $500.00. Football works just about every basketball game and enjoy doing it.
We have parents of teams sign up for every football game and they get a percentage. No problem with football games. It's the other events and games.

You need strong head coaches for the other programs to help organize the parents of their respective teams to help the boosters. Some schools have two reps from each team on the boosters board or at least have two reps at each boosters meeting. Big schools try to have a parent rep for each grade level, so four per sport.

But I completely understand your frustration with apathy among the parents. They get burned out by elementary PTA and little leagues by the time they get to high school.

You need strong head coaches for the other programs to help organize the parents of their respective teams to help the boosters. Some schools have two reps from each team on the boosters board or at least have two reps at each boosters meeting. Big schools try to have a parent rep for each grade level, so four per sport.

But I completely understand your frustration with apathy among the parents. They get burned out by elementary PTA and little leagues by the time they get to high school.
We do have some reps like band etc which is nice. The summer months for special events, which Amherst has a lot and baseball we rarely if at all get anyone to help

I'm trying to see how we compare with other schools. What "jobs" do you depend on volunteer help with?
Specifically:
Football,
Baseball,
and Basketball?

I would skip explaining concessions, as we all know this runs the gambit from parents, to students, to school groups, to clubs, to outside clubs like Ruitans, Lions, etc.

I'm trying to see how we compare with other schools. What "jobs" do you depend on volunteer help with?
Specifically:
Football,
Baseball,
and Basketball?

I would skip explaining concessions, as we all know this runs the gambit from parents, to students, to school groups, to clubs, to outside clubs like Ruitans, Lions, etc.
Wrestling tournaments, Hosting of regional track meets, aau basketball games. Baseball games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT