ADVERTISEMENT

W&L wins by 1 on a 4th down & goal TD with 32 seconds left...

uvacavs1

VaPreps All District
Jul 30, 2010
Congrats to the Eagles for fighting to the end and coming out on top! They scored the winning TD on a 4th down and 1 after being stopped three times inside the two!

It was 20-8 Northumberland on top at the half with the ball and momentum.

For the game, the NHS defensive line, led by Bingham, Headly, and Jackson, played spectacular with I think 4 red zone stops (many goal line).

Indians' Palmer with great pic 6 to end the half. Game should have been over. It was not, however, and that's why you play the game.

During the 2nd half, the offense turned the ball over 4 times in the 2nd half (on four possessions in a row, three on a 1st down, the last fumble just came out untouched). I think NHS turned the ball over on every possession of the 2nd half.

NHS also must have had 100 yards or more of penalties. NHS had two blocked extra points (what is up with this poor blocking?). Also, never punted the ball giving W&L great field position often.

W&L scored their 2nd TD on a 3rd and 35!!! Absolutely horrendous pass coverage. NHS player made no attempt to prevent TD catch. Play some Prevent D.

Great job to W&L in never giving up. NHS had many opportunities to just run out the clock. I thought W&L had some good size and passed well.

Huge crowd on hand too in Northumberland. NFL player (Dallas Cowboys) from NHS, John Jett, was honored at the half. Northumberland received a Golden football from the NFL for having a player from Northumberland play in a Super Bowl. Great homecoming celebration and halftime events that the players participated in.

The CB v NHS game next week features two 5-2 teams. Should be a good one.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT