ADVERTISEMENT

Way too early to tell, but a preseason top 10 for 4A?

T

TBone

Great Bridge
Powhatan
Lake Taylor
King's Fork
Louisa
Lakeland
Monacan
Courtland
Tabb
Wilson

????

Dinwiddie ought to be in there somewhere... Year in and year out they are a contender and next year should be no different.

I don't follow 4A too closely, but I would say Lake Taylor should be #1 until someone knocks them off.

Just look at last season's final top 10. It will be pretty much the same come pre season.

Usually agree with you Tbone; however, this isn't even close. I agree Great Bridge will be factor, but to omit Salem, GW, Sherando and Dinwiddie? Courtland, Powhatan and Louisa should be good and could be factor. Especially, since they will be virtually playing the same schedules. Come playoff time the scene changes for all three. Powhatan lost several horses. Eight long months to go.

I would go something like this
lake Taylor
Dinwiddie
Salem
Monacan
Heritage NN
Sherando
Courtland
Kings Fork
Powhatan
Courtland
GW Danville
Louisa
Great bridge
Woodgrove
Loudoun county
Great bridge 4A?

According to these guys we're all washed up. Guess we should move toward lacrosse, maybe tennis.

You got to be kidding?

Worst pre-season top ten ever. My top five
1. Lake Taylor 2. Monacan 3. Dinwiddie 4. Sherando 5. Salem

Re: You got to be kidding?

Happy New Year, TBone.

You can be forgiven for your picks, not being here in the area full time. But, I agree with most everyone else, I think you really missed on your choices.

Hammy's list is pretty good. SouthbottomU has a good top 5. I don't think anyone can be expected to have them in a really accurate order yet, but the main thing is having top teams at the top, middle teams in the middle, and the best 10 to 20 teams represented.

I think most will agree that Lake Taylor is considered the top team next year. I think the gap between LT, and what most consider the other top 3 or4 teams, is a little less this coming year than it was last season. I'm not sure that LT will not be just as good next season as they were last year, but they could be slightly less formidable. Barring a ridiculous amount of injuries, Dinwiddie will field a team on par with 2013. I'm not predicting Dinwiddie will be a 15 win team, but I am predicting that the potential appears to be there. Monacan will be back. Hanover, with Cheatam at QB will be everybody's nightmare matchup. I'm really serious about that, Hanover could easily be playing for the East championship, depending on how the brackets fall. The well coached Kings Fork team will be there again. Heritage, just not sure.

One thing I can predict with absolute certainty is that Phoebus will not be the 4a champion. (Really going to miss them. Dinwiddie has a couple of old scores they wanted to settle).

On the other side, Salem, Sherando, and Jefferson Forrest, and a couple of others emerging from the pack. I just have to belive that Salem is a notch or two above the other West teams. Like Hanover in the East though, JF is a worrisome matchup. If they can get their defense up just a little, that may well be the West champion next year.

TBone, you are the only one mentioning Tabb. I agree. I look for them to be in a possible third round playoff game. Another East sleeper, Smithfield.

I think you are using your emotions on Wilson. I just don't see it, sorry. And you get to watch your Greyhounds in the tough 3a. The falloff in competition at that lower level is not that much. They will still have a tough road to travel.

Stay safe over there.

DP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT