18. Millbrook
19. Charlottesville
20. Liberty (Bealton)
21. Smithfield
22. Woodgrove
23. Liberty Christian
24. Dominion
25. Pulaski County

Lake Taylor at 14 is way too low. Would put them among the favorites - Salem, Sherando, Dinwiddie, etc. - for Class 4. The Titans bring back about 16 or 17 starters I believe from last year's team. Several parts up front as well.

Also think 22 is too low for Woodgrove and 24 is too low for Dominion. Both may find their way into our Preseason Top 10. Dominion has one of the best linemen back in Jimmy Christ (just got his 12th offer from ECU). Woodgrove had to replace a ton of seniors from 2016 going into last season. They'll have one of the best pass catchers in all of VA in TE/WR Ben Castellano (just got his 15th offer from Temple).

Other than that, seems to be in the ballpark for most everything else, although it's extremely early.

We'll probably start our Top 10 countdown at some point in July.

Lake Taylor at 14 is way too low. Would put them among the favorites - Salem, Sherando, Dinwiddie, etc. - for Class 4. The Titans bring back about 16 or 17 starters I believe from last year's team. Several parts up front as well.

Also think 22 is too low for Woodgrove and 24 is too low for Dominion. Both may find their way into our Preseason Top 10. Dominion has one of the best linemen back in Jimmy Christ (just got his 12th offer from ECU). Woodgrove had to replace a ton of seniors from 2016 going into last season. They'll have one of the best pass catchers in all of VA in TE/WR Ben Castellano (just got his 15th offer from Temple).

Other than that, seems to be in the ballpark for most everything else, although it's extremely early.

I love the Top 10 Countdown. Thanks.

Reactions: freeatlast2013
1. Salem
2. Dinwiddie
3. Sherando
4. Lake Taylor
5. Lafayette
6. Louisa County
7. George Washington
8. Blacksburg
9. EC Glass
10. King's Fork
11. Monacan
12. Deep Creek
13. Jefferson Forest
14. Woodgrove
15. Dominion
16. Eastern View
17. Courtland
18. Amherst County
19. Charlottesville
20. Liberty (Bealton)
21. Smithfield
22. William Byrd
23. Liberty Christian
24. Millbrook
25. Pulaski County
I'll say Dinwiddie is too high and EV is too low.

Matt - LT has way too many turnovers last year. They just couldn’t hold on to the football. I agree they will be pretty damn good this season but I need to see a couple of convincing wins before I’d put them in the top 5. Do you know if they play Freedom again? What do you think of Deep Creek?
Any chance Heritage NN fields a good team this season. Would love to hear your take on 4A east

My top 10:
KF
Sherando
Dinwiddie
Salem
Blacksburg
Monacan
Lafayette
Glass
DC
GW Danville
Next in - LT, EV,

Matt - LT has way too many turnovers last year. They just couldn’t hold on to the football. I agree they will be pretty damn good this season but I need to see a couple of convincing wins before I’d put them in the top 5. Do you know if they play Freedom again? What do you think of Deep Creek?
Any chance Heritage NN fields a good team this season. Would love to hear your take on 4A east

My top 10:
KF
Sherando
Dinwiddie
Salem
Blacksburg
Monacan
Lafayette
Glass
DC
GW Danville
Next in - LT, EV,

On the too many turnovers -- they had a lot of lost fumbles even when they were playing in state title games, winning a pair and playing in 3 of those in about a 4-5 year span. So I think that's a bit overblown. Sure, you want to correct them. Their bigger issue was some inexperience and couldn't play the type of style - aggressive, fast and loose - that they are known for with a much smaller margin for error. Once they moved Javon Harvey from QB to WR and inserted freshman Jeff Foster in at quarterback, team started to click a bit more I felt. Harvey is a scholarship player getting look at WR and DB. Foster is going to be a good one. Got pretty good poise for a young player and throws a nice ball. They have a stud RB who ran for over 1000 yards in Malik Newton, who also happens to be a terrific baseball player and good at basketball. Baseball may actually be his best sport. Usually have another quality RB to go with him.

But to me, that Lake Taylor year was similar to their season before the 2010 campaign when they went 7-4 - a down year for them - and then in 2012 they won the state title. They should be strong up front. Coach Sawyer knows what he's doing. Had some coaching changes on staff that I think took some getting adjusted to also. I feel pretty confident in them being a Top 10 team again, and barring something unforeseen, would argue for them to be in the Top 5 consideration. Now are they ahead of the likes of Salem / Dinwiddie / Sherando? Won't go that far just yet.

On if they play Freedom again - I'm not positive on that one. I believe so, but could be wrong. That will be a tough game because Freedom returns an awful lot, including a star RB in Brown, WR Surratt who can play, some good linemen including Fuga. They steamrolled them a season ago, and even with A.J. Felton at QB departing, should be solid once again. I do know they play Western Branch, another Class 6 school, again.

On Deep Creek - I like what Coach Andre Twine is building. Have to replace some major cogs in RB Damion Everette and DL Antonio Turner - who was by my viewing and most coaches viewing about as disruptive as any defensive player in the Class 4 field (and that includes some big names now like Brandon Smith and Tony Thurston at Louisa, K'Vaughan Pope and Joseph Tyree at Dinwiddie, Jack Erwin at Lafayette, etc.).

Heritage - QB Darius Price is back to my knowledge. They'll sling it around, have a good RB and defense should be better. It was hot and cold last year. They could sneak up and bite somebody, be dangerous and have an ascension similar to King's Fork did. Need to see their full cast though.

I need to see what King's Fork has when push comes to shove. I've heard rumors about this player coming in, this player leaving, etc. Do know that DB Chris Shearin is at IMG Academy. If they have those two DT's back in Treyshaun Mitchell and Jayree Hardy, they can wreck a game alone. Lot of speed for Scottie Littles the Head Coach over there and talent, so I figure they'll be in the mix, just not sure if I like them as much as I did a year ago, less or about the same. Remember, we stuck them in the Top 10 after having a losing record in 2016 and they ended up winning 10 in a row - including the giant win over Oscar Smith - before being ousted by a physical, disciplined Lafayette team in the Class 4 Region A title game.

Class 4 ought to be extremely fun and fascinating to watch again. Until someone knocks off Coach Mags and his Salem group, they look to hold the mantle, similar to Westfield in Class 6 and Highland Springs in Class 5. No accident in any of those 3-peats.

My top 10:
KF
Sherando
Dinwiddie
Salem
Blacksburg
Monacan
Lafayette
Glass
DC
GW Danville
Next in - LT, EV,
KF is way too undisciplined to be ranked #1. Sure they have talent, but couple the discipline issues with some important skill players lost, I'd have them in the bottom 5.

It is really interesting that so many now put Salem as number one. It has almost become a default mode. I honestly feel that a more accurate assessment would be around six or seven. Salem has no proven play makers.
You drive me crazy. Salem does return play makers. Have some faith.

I like Courtland where they are at, as they will silently move up as the season goes. Low, unseen and unappreciated will bode well for them. I truly believe EV is a position or two to low and Louisa is way too high?

KF is way too undisciplined to be ranked #1. Sure they have talent, but couple the discipline issues with some important skill players lost, I'd have them in the bottom 5.

You maybe right there.. was just going on my intuition there. We will see. They have a very good D-line

On the too many turnovers -- they had a lot of lost fumbles even when they were playing in state title games, winning a pair and playing in 3 of those in about a 4-5 year span. So I think that's a bit overblown. Sure, you want to correct them. Their bigger issue was some inexperience and couldn't play the type of style - aggressive, fast and loose - that they are known for with a much smaller margin for error. Once they moved Javon Harvey from QB to WR and inserted freshman Jeff Foster in at quarterback, team started to click a bit more I felt. Harvey is a scholarship player getting look at WR and DB. Foster is going to be a good one. Got pretty good poise for a young player and throws a nice ball. They have a stud RB who ran for over 1000 yards in Malik Newton, who also happens to be a terrific baseball player and good at basketball. Baseball may actually be his best sport. Usually have another quality RB to go with him.

But to me, that Lake Taylor year was similar to their season before the 2010 campaign when they went 7-4 - a down year for them - and then in 2012 they won the state title. They should be strong up front. Coach Sawyer knows what he's doing. Had some coaching changes on staff that I think took some getting adjusted to also. I feel pretty confident in them being a Top 10 team again, and barring something unforeseen, would argue for them to be in the Top 5 consideration. Now are they ahead of the likes of Salem / Dinwiddie / Sherando? Won't go that far just yet.

On if they play Freedom again - I'm not positive on that one. I believe so, but could be wrong. That will be a tough game because Freedom returns an awful lot, including a star RB in Brown, WR Surratt who can play, some good linemen including Fuga. They steamrolled them a season ago, and even with A.J. Felton at QB departing, should be solid once again. I do know they play Western Branch, another Class 6 school, again.

On Deep Creek - I like what Coach Andre Twine is building. Have to replace some major cogs in RB Damion Everette and DL Antonio Turner - who was by my viewing and most coaches viewing about as disruptive as any defensive player in the Class 4 field (and that includes some big names now like Brandon Smith and Tony Thurston at Louisa, K'Vaughan Pope and Joseph Tyree at Dinwiddie, Jack Erwin at Lafayette, etc.).

Heritage - QB Darius Price is back to my knowledge. They'll sling it around, have a good RB and defense should be better. It was hot and cold last year. They could sneak up and bite somebody, be dangerous and have an ascension similar to King's Fork did. Need to see their full cast though.

I need to see what King's Fork has when push comes to shove. I've heard rumors about this player coming in, this player leaving, etc. Do know that DB Chris Shearin is at IMG Academy. If they have those two DT's back in Treyshaun Mitchell and Jayree Hardy, they can wreck a game alone. Lot of speed for Scottie Littles the Head Coach over there and talent, so I figure they'll be in the mix, just not sure if I like them as much as I did a year ago, less or about the same. Remember, we stuck them in the Top 10 after having a losing record in 2016 and they ended up winning 10 in a row - including the giant win over Oscar Smith - before being ousted by a physical, disciplined Lafayette team in the Class 4 Region A title game.

Class 4 ought to be extremely fun and fascinating to watch again. Until someone knocks off Coach Mags and his Salem group, they look to hold the mantle, similar to Westfield in Class 6 and Highland Springs in Class 5. No accident in any of those 3-peats.

Thank you Matt! As always, well said!

Reactions: matthew328826
Who would you put Eastern View ahead of?
I think they're absolutely better than EC Glass. I think they will put a lot of points on the board against anybody again. The defense will be a wait-and-see due to having to replace a few key players. Same with Dinwiddie. I think they both should be in the 7 - 10 range.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I think they're absolutely better than EC Glass. I think they will put a lot of points on the board against anybody again. The defense will be a wait-and-see due to having to replace a few key players. Same with Dinwiddie. I think they both should be in the 7 - 10 range.

I think EV could easily be a top 10 team. I just don’t know. They lost a few good lineman and the little fella was a difference maker! Probably will be undefeated unless they drop an OOD or fall to Courtland. I am sure they will make their way into the top 10 if they aren’t in the original. Hard to imagine they will be as good as they were last year, but you can say that about a lot of teams. If they are remotely close to the Cyclones of 2017 then they will be a whale of a team.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Salem will have the same challenges as usual, just different. Each team is different. Obviously there is a lot of experience that left last year, especially at running back, receiver and defensive back , and also at kicker and punter, both the same guy. That being said another successful JV team with some talent will attempt to mesh with a returning QB, some running backs that played some downs and an experienced offensive line with good size and what should be a very good defensive line and linebacker crew. In my opinion success will depend on ball possession, finding a receiver with deep ball capability to stretch the field. We will see what happens and very excited about the upcoming year with all the teams around the state.

Reactions: MrSir#5
I think EV could easily be a top 10 team. I just don’t know. They lost a few good lineman and the little fella was a difference maker! Probably will be undefeated unless they drop an OOD or fall to Courtland. I am sure they will make their way into the top 10 if they aren’t in the original. Hard to imagine they will be as good as they were last year, but you can say that about a lot of teams. If they are remotely close to the Cyclones of 2017 then they will be a whale of a team.

It's way too early and it has been a minute for me on the board, but....

Every year, teams lose players and every year the good teams replace them, usually with out a hitch. First it was: they will never replace the RB Kube, then my older son at QB, now Diago (let's not call him the little fella). True all very good players that made a difference, but the secret is the pipeline is healthy and the skill players they have will still put up 70 points on the average team. A couple of points:

* Both Lines will be better and big. They have several returning players with years on the lines
* Last years QB was a first year starter, not this next year
* They have both returning RB's
* The WR group will be strong, which includes the kid who Dinwiddie DB's couldn't keep up with
* They return a kicker who last year was about 5-10yds away from putting all his kicks in the endzone, he will be a JR. That's a nice field position weapon.

The other thing about EV that has changed over the last few years, is they are generally very physical on the field. That will be the case next year no doubt. To not consider them a preseason top ten even now, is a little odd to me. But hey we are 4 months away.

It's crazy to me, I don't know why a team offers any kid more than once? Do they think they have a better chance when they offer them 12 or 15 times lol

It's crazy to me, I don't know why a team offers any kid more than once? Do they think they have a better chance when they offer them 12 or 15 times lol
Oh no, I think you misunderstood the post. I was saying that was his 12th offer, being he has 11 other schools that offered. And also the player's 15th offer, being he has 14 other offers.

Every year, teams lose players and every year the good teams replace them, usually with out a hitch. First it was: they will never replace the RB Kube, then my older son at QB, now Diago (let's not call him the little fella). True all very good players that made a difference, but the secret is the pipeline is healthy and the skill players they have will still put up 70 points on the average team. A couple of points:

* Both Lines will be better and big. They have several returning players with years on the lines
* The WR group will be strong, which includes the kid who Dinwiddie DB's couldn't keep up with
* They return a kicker who last year was about 5-10yds away from putting all his kicks in the endzone, he will be a JR. That's a nice field position weapon.

The other thing about EV that has changed over the last few years, is they are generally very physical on the field. That will be the case next year no doubt. To not consider them a preseason top ten even now, is a little odd to me. But hey we are 4 months away.

Yeah I can’t really argue that other than I just didn’t know what they had returning from anyone close to the program. I meant that post to be more complimentary of the program than anything. Sorry if I didn’t communicate that effectively. Agree that they will be a major player in the class 4 race

Oh no, I think you misunderstood the post. I was saying that was his 12th offer, being he has 11 other schools that offered. And also the player's 15th offer, being he has 14 other offers.

I knew exactly what you meant, but it was how it was written so it was a bit of comedic relief. Figured people would get a chuckle out of it.

Have a good one

God Bless

The only thing in my mind that is in question is the EV secondary. I have no doubt that they will have the athletes there, just haven't seen them play. I'm hopeful that the QB will have an elite season. Assuming you know him personally, do you expect him to be the "leader/alpha-dog" of the group?

The only thing in my mind that is in question is the EV secondary. I have no doubt that they will have the athletes there, just haven't seen them play. I'm hopeful that the QB will have an elite season. Assuming you know him personally, do you expect him to be the "leader/alpha-dog" of the group?

I think he has that potential. He will be a senior, that changes your mindset no matter who you are. It's an interesting transition when you go from one of the younger guys with a few elite players to being the senior and those elite players have moved on. He doesn't have to take games over, but I expect him to be more of a +1 type QB. He didn't do it as much as I would have liked last year, but when he keeps the ball and takes off, he is extremely fast. He is working his tail off too right now. Great kid by the way.

I don't know where I would put everyone at this stage because I'm only really knowledgeable about what Salem returns. They lose a lot of good players, but they just seem to be plug and play at this point- next man up in a proven system. Each year I just see new kids step up, determined to make their mark.
Dinwiddie is very similar. Sherando returns a lot and they are strong upfront as well. Lake Taylor was down last year compared to the norm, but they were young last year. I expect them to be right in the thick of it. Since reclassification these 4 teams have been the finals representatives in every case but one. (Louisa last year)

Lafayette is a perennial contender. Monacan and Eastern View are getting closer every year. King's Fork took a step up last year and returns a lot of good talent. Glass returns a lot of talent and has a proven coach. Woodgrove played a tough schedule and were young last year, just missing the playoffs. Louisa and Blacksburg lost a lot of good players, it will be interesting to see how they do.
GW has a lot of good players returning, but they need defense and better line play.

Line them up however you want, but I think the champion will come from this baker's dozen. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone obvious, but these are the probable contenders imo.

Well said Mike. This topic is a fun one, but with the VHSL's current alignment and playoff format the "top 10/25" doesn't challenge me as only one team gets out from each region. Being a final four contender is probably a more appropriate way of looking at it. I have been racking my brain trying to figure things out and so I will add my two cents. No certain order in these picks.

Region A: Kings Fork, Lake Taylor, Lafayette, and Deep Creek.
Region B: EV, Monacan, Louisa, and Dinwiddie. Sleeper: Courtland
Region C: Sherando, Dominion, Woodgrove, Liberty.
Region D: Salem, EC Glass, GW Danville, Blacksburg. Sleeper: Jefferson Forest

Most likely to undefeated and top seeds (Not necessarily the champ of the region):
Region A: Lafayette
Region B: Eastern View
Region C: Sherando (Got to beat Martinsburg away)
Region D: GW Danville

Well said Mike. This topic is a fun one, but with the VHSL's current alignment and playoff format the "top 10/25" doesn't challenge me as only one team gets out from each region. Being a final four contender is probably a more appropriate way of looking at it. I have been racking my brain trying to figure things out and so I will add my two cents. No certain order in these picks.

Region A: Kings Fork, Lake Taylor, Lafayette, and Deep Creek.
Region B: EV, Monacan, Louisa, and Dinwiddie. Sleeper: Courtland
Region C: Sherando, Dominion, Woodgrove, Liberty.
Region D: Salem, EC Glass, GW Danville, Blacksburg. Sleeper: Jefferson Forest

Most likely to undefeated and top seeds (Not necessarily the champ of the region):
Region A: Lafayette
Region B: Eastern View
Region C: Sherando (Got to beat Martinsburg away)
Region D: GW Danville

Nice Outlook

Navy , Sherando could lose to Martinsburg and still be class C champ , nice post and I hope the team shows up this year , loads of talent , and speed.

If we’re being real.. Ham I put you in the same category that others (cough cough @mike salem) put Lewis and myself in.. Sherando is so good, talented and “so strong upfront” and loaded but I’ll let you guys look up their results in the games that matter the most...Look it up! I find it funny that we get called out for our optimism and our program gets disrespected (check the group chat) but the buddy buddy system gives Sherando a pass. Sherando has some quality players in that program. Their kids work hard and play with a lot of pride. I’m not dissing those kids.. I hear how GW plays a weak schedule every year (which they do) but let’s hear about Sherando’s..(please save the trouble: Sherando was hands down the best team Martinsburg played all year and Martinsburg’s opponents on their schedule had an average of 4.6 wins..They played nobody.. No Louisa, Eastern View, Salem, or Dinwiddie caliber teams and them beating Highland Springs in a 7 on 7 means nothing). Sherando also plays in the weakest class in 4a. Of course they will make the semi’s this year and if I was a betting man, I’d put my money on them to make it. I just find this buddy buddy system to be funny. Are my feelings hurt? Was a nerve struck? Not at all..This is just something I do in my spare time that I enjoy so I just call it like I see it.

Just saying guys...
Salem 42-13 GW
Salem 49- 14 Sherando.
Looks like their defense and their trench play needs to step it up too, huh Mike Salem? Save the PC answer...

Note: this is no personal attack..Nothing more than what Skip, Shannon, Stephen A., and Max does on TV everyday.. I’m just doing it for free.

Sports Head signing off.

Last edited:
If we’re being real.. Ham I put you in the same category that others (cough cough @mike salem) put Lewis and myself in.. Sherando is so good, talented and “so strong upfront” and loaded but I’ll let you guys look up their results in the games that matter the most...Look it up! I find it funny that we get called out for our optimism and our program gets disrespected (check the group chat) but the buddy buddy system gives Sherando a pass. Sherando has some quality players in that program. Their kids work hard and play with a lot of pride. I’m not dissing those kids.. I hear how GW plays a weak schedule every year (which they do) but let’s hear about Sherando’s..(please save the trouble: Sherando was hands down the best team Martinsburg played all year and Martinsburg’s opponents on their schedule had an average of 4.6 wins..They played nobody.. No Louisa, Eastern View, Salem, or Dinwiddie caliber teams and them beating Highland Springs in a 7 on 7 means nothing). Sherando also plays in the weakest class in 4a. Of course they will make the semi’s this year and if I was a betting man, I’d put my money on them to make it. I just find this buddy buddy system to be funny. Are my feelings hurt? Was a nerve struck? Not at all..This is just something I do in my spare time that I enjoy so I just call it like I see it.

Just saying guys...
Salem 42-13 GW
Salem 49- 14 Sherando.
Looks like their defense and their trench play needs to step it up too, huh Mike Salem? Save the PC answer...

Note: this is no personal attack..Nothing more than what Skip, Shannon, Stephen A., and Max does on TV everyday.. I’m just doing it for free.

Sports Head signing off.
shuri-tchalla-handshake.gif

This is honestly Eastern View's year to take Region 4B, with what the other teams have lost on the offensive/defensive lines. But they must have, and keep, a potent and consistent running game in their gameplan to beat the best defenses. It doesn't matter how well they can pass; they have been the typical spread team (there are a few others in 4A as well) that gets away from the run too early and often when things don't go their way. That was ultimately their downfall against Dinwiddie. They have to be able to grind some clock and not turn the ball over when it's crunch time. But I'll be surprised if they don't win 4B this year, and I think they're definitely a top 10 preseason team.

Last edited:

Just saying guys...
Salem 42-13 GW
Salem 49- 14 Sherando.

Sports Head signing off.
Yo Brother! Your pills? Lol.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Danville made some real good points. Here are some more from what I've seen the last few years. Sherando is a consistently good program and so is the Danville NFL pipeline team. When you get to playoffs over a long season coaching, type of play, depth, injuries all play a role.
Salem 2014 rolled through regular season but lost a defensive lineman late in season and had several key injuries and that played a role in championship even though they probably would not have beat Lake Taylor anyway but might have been better game..
2015 Another injury plagued year but coaching and execution make the difference in playoffs.
2016 Coaching execution and very few turnovers
2017 The trend continues as Salem was much better at end of year than during scrimmages and early play. Many people on here rated Salem as top 10 or 12 team but they were only team that beat Louisa. I think Danville was extremely good last year but Salem made them pass against their experienced defensive backs and they were out of it before they had a chance to breathe.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Well not that it really matters to me who wins 4a, and not quoting anyone directly, but the post that said Sherando (have to get by Martinsburg) was put from someone saying Sherando most likely team in C to go undefeated, getting by Martinsburg.

GW was also picked by that person to be most likely to go undefeated in D.

I dont see either of those things as being disrespectful at all.

And certainly no disrespect intended, but there is a big difference in a team producing high recruits and draft picks vs being a great/championship HS team.

Just because it's what I know, a huge example of this is just a few years ago in 2a. Dan River was a 3 seed with 1 loss hosting 14 seed Stuarts Draft with 4/5 losses (I should know as my team). Anyway, DR was, and should have been a huge favorite. They just had 2 1st round picks in the NFL draft on the team (may have had other recruits), they proceeded to be beat 55-27. Just shows it's usually more about team than pure high talent.

The reason teams like Salem, Dinwiddie, Riverheads, Highland Springs, etc are considered among the favorites every year is because they do it every year. Nobody should take offense because of that.

And not knowing much about the teams except what I read on here, Sherando would have a higher percent chance than others from a different region. Why? Because like said they are in a weaker division. Just look at last year, it looks like the top 8 teams were the 4 in B and Salem, Blacksburg, GW and someone else. Only 2 of them made it out of their respective regions. So GW or Blacksburg could have been 2nd best team in state, but they didn't make it out because of Salem.

Golden State was obviously better than San Antonio, San Antonio couldn't win the series, but got a game. Salem won the series, but they play bad and one of other Regions plays great then they are done.

From where I see it, it's not about giving more credit to someone else, it's the higher probability that someone else has.

Well not that it really matters to me who wins 4a, and not quoting anyone directly, but the post that said Sherando (have to get by Martinsburg) was put from someone saying Sherando most likely team in C to go undefeated, getting by Martinsburg.

GW was also picked by that person to be most likely to go undefeated in D.

I dont see either of those things as being disrespectful at all.

And certainly no disrespect intended, but there is a big difference in a team producing high recruits and draft picks vs being a great/championship HS team.

Just because it's what I know, a huge example of this is just a few years ago in 2a. Dan River was a 3 seed with 1 loss hosting 14 seed Stuarts Draft with 4/5 losses (I should know as my team). Anyway, DR was, and should have been a huge favorite. They just had 2 1st round picks in the NFL draft on the team (may have had other recruits), they proceeded to be beat 55-27. Just shows it's usually more about team than pure high talent.

The reason teams like Salem, Dinwiddie, Riverheads, Highland Springs, etc are considered among the favorites every year is because they do it every year. Nobody should take offense because of that.

And not knowing much about the teams except what I read on here, Sherando would have a higher percent chance than others from a different region. Why? Because like said they are in a weaker division. Just look at last year, it looks like the top 8 teams were the 4 in B and Salem, Blacksburg, GW and someone else. Only 2 of them made it out of their respective regions. So GW or Blacksburg could have been 2nd best team in state, but they didn't make it out because of Salem.

Golden State was obviously better than San Antonio, San Antonio couldn't win the series, but got a game. Salem won the series, but they play bad and one of other Regions plays great then they are done.

From where I see it, it's not about giving more credit to someone else, it's the higher probability that someone else has.
My post wasn’t directed to Bleeding Navy by any means. There was a private conversation between board members and I that I will not disclose due to the ingregity, respect and privacy of each of us. We’re all good. No harm or hard feelings. When we have differences we state them and move on..I expect them/y’all to do the same for me in a respectful way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT