ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday final: Monacan 25 Huguenot 6

Take a look at who Monacan has played. This is not shocking at all. Before tonight their opponents are 1-10, and have given up 527 points. And those totals don't include Huguenot.

Monacan is not the team they were last year, by a long shot.

Wrong board but, HSHS 71-0 over Armstrong. Thank God for a running clock. Could have been 100-0 otherwise.

Take a look at who Monacan has played. This is not shocking at all. Before tonight their opponents are 1-10, and have given up 527 points. And those totals don't include Huguenot.

Monacan is not the team they were last year, by a long shot.
I actually think Huguenot is a lot better than people realize this year. They have been playing pretty well, especially on defense.

Wrong board but, HSHS 71-0 over Armstrong. Thank God for a running clock. Could have been 100-0 otherwise.

I had Monacan favored to win by 36 so a 19 point win (which gets counted a little more since it happened in a defensive battle) is not really much out of the expected. Within a standard deviation. I had Highland Springs winning by 65, so the 71-0 score wasn't all that shocking, either.

Armstrong is just bad, bad, bad. I'm sorry that that sounds harsh. But the reality is they have no business playing a district schedule that pits them against teams that are this much more superior. It accomplishes absolutely nothing.

I stand by my statement, which is essentially that Monacan is very much over rated. They keep it reasonable against Bird, beat James River by 30, and get the win over Manchester and I will change my opinion.

@DinwiddieProud Monacan is missing a few horses from last year. But trust me their tailback Khalik Hamlin is elite and might be the most underrated player in the region. He runs with a bad attitude. Also, remember Monacan hasn't had their quarterback Syour Fludd in the last 2 games. He is also elite in my opinion. I agree with you that their schedule thus far has been on the light side.. I don't think they can beat Bird and the Manchester game will be a good game. In division 4 though monacan is ranked right where they should be. Top 5. I think Dinwiddie and Monacan would be a hell of a game down the line in the playoffs.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
A lot here had top 2 as LT and Monacan. Maybe that is wrong - Dinwiddie knows the area well, I just know what I read.

@Lafayette yeah definitely wouldn't have Monacan in the top 2 based on performance thus far. They really haven't hit their stride yet due to injuries. We shall see. Big test next week as they face Bird. I don't think any team in the region can play with Bird so I am not sure how much we will learn from that game. But if they can hang around with Bird.. they will certainly be formidable in D4.

Don't underestimate how strange that it can be playing on a Wednesday night. Might have had an effect.

Weird things happen with high school kids.

Having said that, Monacan has not put up a strong resume this year yet, as compared to some of the other top 4A teams.

Armstrong is just bad, bad, bad. I'm sorry that that sounds harsh. But the reality is they have no business playing a district schedule that pits them against teams that are this much more superior. It accomplishes absolutely nothing.

I stand by my statement, which is essentially that Monacan is very much over rated. They keep it reasonable against Bird, beat James River by 30, and get the win over Manchester and I will change my opinion.

Bird 39, Monacan 0
Monacan 34, James River 26
Monacan 72, George Wythe 0
Monacan 61, Midlothian 21
Manchester 36, Monacan 28

The computer has spoken.

Depending on their draw in the playoffs I expect them to win maybe two playoff games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT