ADVERTISEMENT

Week 11 Pick em Comments

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
Ties for playoff positioning will be decided by Week 11, 10, 9 Results etc... until tie is broken.

I totally agree, well done Mike!
Well you all are welcome. What I'm most pleased with is we've had about 36 consistent pickers each week, last year that number was around half that! Also big shout out to DinwiddieProud for sending me suggestions for the East. That has been a big help, especially this week. The West was so easy with a lot of good games on paper. Finding 8 for the East was extremely difficult. Sometimes rather than finding 2 equally good record teams, I have to look for 2 equally mediocre or bad record teams.

I knew it couldn't have been you Mike , I mean only DP would pick a Deep Creek vs Kings Fork game on the final week of the regular season. Between him and Navy hard to figure out who is worse! Haven't heard anything out Navy today , he is probably chasing a goat around the yard or something.

He will be claiming that he is calling softball games in Powhatan. Don't fall for it.

I wonder what the connection was that ever got LCA and Norview playing each other. Strange bedfellows! I'm guessing they both needed a game and time ran out on them?

And I make no warranties, express or implied, on the games that MIKE selected.

Hey Mike, do you think that either the higher or lower seed in the pickem matchups should be required to post their pics first?

I knew it couldn't have been you Mike , I mean only DP would pick a Deep Creek vs Kings Fork game on the final week of the regular season. Between him and Navy hard to figure out who is worse! Haven't heard anything out Navy today , he is probably chasing a goat around the yard or something.
Actually I don't think DP suggested Deep Creek/Kings Fork, but he did suggest Caroline/Courtland which may be as bad or worse? There just wasn't much to choose from for the East this week. The West looked good to me. I could have put more GOW on West games and taken away from the East, but I wanted to keep it as even as possible.

I like games like Courtland/Caroline. Just totally unpredictable. Two games ago, I would have said Courtland easily. And I still may pick them. But, Caroline is finally showing some signs of life.

Of the 4a pickem games this week, which game would be the biggest upset?

I think Hanover beating Henrico would get my vote.

I did a copy and paste so you wouldn't have to toggle back to see the choices,

8 GOW should give everyone a chance to make a push for the playoffs or separate from the competition..

Hanover @ Henrico
Powhatan @ Monticello
Norview @ LCA
Matoaca (5A) @ Thomas Dale (5A)
Deep Creek @ Kings Fork
Louisa @ Charlottesville*
James Monroe @ King George*
Smithfield @ Grafton*

Sherando @ Millbrook*
GW Danville @ Magna Vista*
Appomattox @ Amherst*
EC Glass @ Rustburg*