ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome home #31

5-35 in 4 years at Carroll. Y’all are honestly excited for this? Best win is a 14-10 win over Christiansburg in a benefit game :confused:
Eddie wouldn't of went 5-5 in Blacksburg in the regular season of 2016 with the talent of that team. Hell yeah we're excited in Blacksburg , Wells is gone and the Blacksburg job is in Blacksburg hands where it should have been in the first place. Onward 31 .

Reactions: cb2018
As for never heard anything about Blacksburg football, winning isn't everything ,nice but not everything , David Crist was one of the most respected and well thought of coaches in the state . Always a teacher, mentor, and a coach last.( he did have 2 state championships and 2 runner ups and numerous regional titles ) That's what we want in Blacksburg , and Coach Eddie 31 Sloss fills that role , a coach with CLASS. As the old saying goes the numbers don't lie, 3 years ago 90 kids out for jv and varsity the past year 50 - 40 in 3 years, says it all............ Salem fans just ask Steven and Richard about 31 they know him and played against him ONWARD 31

Reactions: bulldog1150
You got that right! I was hoping this thread was about Coach Sloss. It didn't take long for 1bburg and his buddy to make it negative. Congratulations Coach Sloss!
You may call it negative , myself and 99% of Blacksburg call it fact. I wont get into the record at Carroll out of respect to the good people of Carroll and the kids there.

Great choice for Blacksburg. Eddie Sloss is a class guy and a great coach. People forget that he was a starter on that '89 State Title team for coach Crist. Eddie will be there for the next 20+ years. Throw the time in Carrol out the window. Vince Lombardi wouldn't have done any better down there. He is the perfect fit for Blacksburg.

Great choice for Blacksburg. Eddie Sloss is a class guy and a great coach. People forget that he was a starter on that '89 State Title team for coach Crist. Eddie will be there for the next 20+ years. Throw the time in Carrol out the window. Vince Lombardi wouldn't have done any better down there. He is the perfect fit for Blacksburg.
amen

School administrations are always looking for different things when hiring a head football coach. Sometimes its youth, experience, past success, longevity etc.
I am guessing that with Wells leaving after 3 years, despite the amount of success he had, Blacksburg was looking at hiring a coach that would stay forever like coach Christ. I think they got a coach that will stay as long as he is successful enough to keep everyone happy.

I will say CC was his first HC job and although unsuccessful he did leave winning more games than his first season. CC also hasn't had a winning season since 2010 and even Hale finished his time out at CC with several 2 win seasons.
I am curious to know, what IF CC is more successful this season or in the next few seasons under Turner? Will you guys say that CC had a sudden influx of talent? I mean "Vince Lombardi wouldn't have done any better" ???

Either way, it won't matter this time next year but just something to think about as you are saying nobody could win at CC.
Maybe Sloss will be the right fit for Blacksburg, another Christ, someone the community can get behind and stay behind for some time. I wish both programs the best in the future.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT