ADVERTISEMENT

Well 4A is going to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say cakewalk but the East will win...Lake Taylor most likely but Courtland is playing their best ball of the year.

I just think some weaknesses of LT have been exposed the past couple weeks from what I've heard/seen. That may not mean much, that can be deceptive.

We'll see LOL, haven't been wrong yet this season.
Neither has Devils. I agree that LT has made some mistakes in the past two weeks, but they held Cheatham and Balaza under 100. No one has kept both players under that all year. D. Palmer is playing out of his mind right now.

Look at the possessions. LT moved the ball at will and Hanover kept possession running the ball. I was suprised by their success with short passes, but LT gave up those to provide run support.

LT moves on. Congrats to all the winners.

Look at the possessions. LT moved the ball at will and Hanover kept possession running the ball. I was suprised by their success with short passes, but LT gave up those to provide run support.

Every week someone will find something new to tell themselves about LT to make themselves believe they can win. I appreciate it because that's how you're suppose to think. We will come and give it our all and if its by 35 or 1 point a win is a win. What I will say is Hanover is very physical and we had to sacrifice some things to stop Bazala and Cheatham, but Cheatham was 8-26 I believe with 2 INT's also. Not too shabby of a defensive effort.

Reactions: VolNation85
Every week someone will find something new to tell themselves about LT to make themselves believe they can win. I appreciate it because that's how you're suppose to think. We will come and give it our all and if its by 35 or 1 point a win is a win. What I will say is Hanover is very physical and we had to sacrifice some things to stop Bazala and Cheatham, but Cheatham was 8-26 I believe with 2 INT's also. Not too shabby of a defensive effort.
I couldn't agree with you more Devils. Live to play another day. Let the Titan haters have at it. Hope is a good thing, but it sure sounds good coming from opponents when you are top of the mountain.

Stay the course and keep advancing. The Titans will keep the "old east" moving forward.

I just think all four teams have looked super impressive all year, and I can't see how anyone can really "know" how this will turn out. If you're not excited about this final four, then you don't like football.

I just think all four teams have looked super impressive all year, and I can't see how anyone can really "know" how this will turn out. If you're not excited about this final four, then you don't like football.
What does your computer say?

What does your computer say?
It's probably going to like Jefferson Forest since they outplayed their prediction by so much but I won't run the numbers until after the Salem game. Salem's a big favorite tomorrow and probably needs to win by five touchdowns or so to move to #1. I wouldn't put too much stock in the computer. It's got all the teams ranked so closely that it's close to a coin flip from here on out. I should point out however, that it was 12-0 in the semis last year.

Dont bet on the west is all I can say. The computer is going to pick the west, and I am pretty sure it picked a closer state championship game last season. LT is well coached and talented, can they be beaten yes! BUT to beat them you have to get all the breaks and out execute them and out hustle them. I have seen them enough and RARELY do they take plays off. That's what's impressive about them; extreme effort all the time. Must be a team in good shape.

I just think some weaknesses of LT have been exposed the past couple weeks from what I've heard/seen. That may not mean much, that can be deceptive.
I have seen JF in person and Hanover in person, Hanover is MUCH more physical up front on both sides of the ball. If Hanover played JF I would take Hanover, we will see if JF beats Salem first. Teams match up differently so maybe you all match better with courtland or LT.

I have seen JF in person and Hanover in person, Hanover is MUCH more physical up front on both sides of the ball. If Hanover played JF I would take Hanover, we will see if JF beats Salem first. Teams match up differently so maybe you all match better with courtland or LT.
Salem has not played & won yet!!!!!! One game at a time!

I have to say that Woodgrove was pretty physical too and moved the ball against JF. I watched the whole game yesterday. But that JF offense is so hard to stop. Woodgrove would make some plays and then BOOM! Gone and untouched to the end zone. I don't recall seeing anything quite like it before. You don't even know who's got the ball until the guy is 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. The misdirection and faking is that good. Almost like magic. They will rep the West. I don't care who wins between Champe and Salem because it won't matter.

I have to say that Woodgrove was pretty physical too and moved the ball against JF. I watched the whole game yesterday. But that JF offense is so hard to stop. Woodgrove would make some plays and then BOOM! Gone and untouched to the end zone. I don't recall seeing anything quite like it before. You don't even know who's got the ball until the guy is 10 yards past the line of scrimmage. The misdirection and faking is that good. Almost like magic. They will rep the West. I don't care who wins between Champe and Salem because it won't matter.
Champe or Salem doesn't matter they'll beat JF. Penetration can disrupt everything that's the key. You can't guess on who's got the ball if they're in the backfield tackle them.

Reactions: salemfan32
Champe or Salem doesn't matter they'll beat JF. Penetration can disrupt everything that's the key. You can't guess on who's got the ball if they're in the backfield tackle them.
Your premise is solid. I just don't think either can do it.

You will see in state championship game whomever comes out of the east will be more physical and faster. I was more impressed with Hanover this year than Salem last season, but that is just my opinion.

Oh buddy... They second they try to start penetrating the backfield and stop playing gap assignments, JF will trap block the bejeezus out of them. Not trying to sound like a tool but JF coaches literally would love nothing more than for the opposing d line to start running into the backfield and shooting gaps.

Oh buddy... They second they try to start penetrating the backfield and stop playing gap assignments, JF will trap block the bejeezus out of them. Not trying to sound like a tool but JF coaches literally would love nothing more than for the opposing d line to start running into the backfield and shooting gaps.
Gap assignment is the worse thing you can do...One missed tackle and they're gone...Being aggressive with penetration and no reaction is best way to stop the offense

Good DL can recognize the difference. Beating the OL and getting into the backfield feels much different than being left unblocked. A smart DL can feel that and squeeze. The good thing for Salem is that they are a great trap blocking team as well and the DL should know how to defend it better. That is also an advantage for JF when it comes to defending Salem's trap game.

Gap assignment is the worse thing you can do...One missed tackle and they're gone...Being aggressive with penetration and no reaction is best way to stop the offense
Gap assignment and penetration are not mutually exclusive.

Reactions: Daboyz19
Tackle guys if they have the ball or not...Being aggressive takes away from trying to find the ball. Gap assignment is the worse way to play this team.

Gap assignment and penetration are not mutually exclusive.
I know that! I'm talking being overly aggressive on defense to take away the 2nd guessing on defense...This is just my opinion on best way to attack that offense

Tackle guys if they have the ball or not...Being aggressive takes away from trying to find the ball. Gap assignment is the worse way to play this team.
That is correct.. The best way to contain that offense is to play assignment football. Tackle the QB and RB on every play regardless if they have the ball or not. Very similar to the way we had to prepare for the old Pulaski teams of the 90s. One thing I know for sure is that Salem will be well prepared for the JF offense. My prediction is the team with the least amount of turnovers win.

Reactions: jfcav1
I coached in this EXACT offense for years, played in it back in the day. The only teams that ever beat us were those who played fundamentally sound gap assignment football. Just watch and see, my friend. Gonna have to agree to disagree with you here.

I know that! I'm talking being overly aggressive on defense to take away the 2nd guessing on defense...This is just my opinion on best way to attack that offense
I agree with you. Just stating that you can penetrate and stay in your gap at the same time. That used to be my entire game.

Reactions: Daboyz19
I coached in this EXACT offense for years, played in it back in the day. The only teams that ever beat us were those who played fundamentally sound gap assignment football. Just watch and see, my friend. Gonna have to agree to disagree with you here.
Who are you talking to?

The ones saying that penetrating the O line and shooting gaps play after play is the best way to beat this wishbone offense. It may work 2/3 plays. That third play is a TD from anywhere on the field from a trap misdirection

Reactions: rainman17
The ones saying that penetrating the O line and shooting gaps play after play is the best way to beat this wishbone offense. It may work 2/3 plays. That third play is a TD from anywhere on the field from a trap misdirection
That will not be Salem's approach vs JF. They will attempt to play sound gap defense with certain players being told to tackle their assignment on every play.

The beauty of playing in an offense like this is simple just like they said in remember the titans: just like Novocain give it a little time and it always works. If you do not play your assignment and stay at home very likely you will be exploited it's just like man to man on the edges look back for one second and that could be what was needed to go the distance. It's a chess match this isn't checkers, reading your keys against an offense like this takes you to the football every play. Iowa is an example of gap assignment football at the collegiate level.

All eleven guys won't be shooting the gap you still have 2nd line defense. Salem attack the defense do not try to read and react! #FORCETHEISSUE

Defending an offense like JF requires a defense to be "assignment sound" or in the words of Belichick; "Do your job" and reinforce that with, "do it well". Triple option is predicated on "give and take", so your ducks better be aligned properly or JF will most certainly take! Is it invincible? No, but it's certainly not an easy out. Jones and Miller represent a tremendous task to slow down. You can stop thinking about stopping them.... IMHO, in order to beat JF, one needs to slowed them down not to get in a track meet. In order for Salem to win, they need to get situational stops and punts, not keeping up with the Jones' (good pun?) so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT