ADVERTISEMENT

Well officials...?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Now that you guys have a few games under your belts, how has enforcing the few rules changes and this year's points of emphasis gone for you?

Anybody seen the improper onsides KO called?

Any calls for hitting a defenseless player that would not have been a violation last season?

Now that you guys have a few games under your belts, how has enforcing the few rules changes and this year's points of emphasis gone for you?

Anybody seen the improper onsides KO called?

Any calls for hitting a defenseless player that would not have been a violation last season?

No pop up kicks so far for me. That rule seems pretty well distributed to the teams from what I've seen. As for defenseless players, in 3 weeks (JV/Varsity combined) I've had 5 illegal blindside blocks called in my games, 2 of those being on one punt return. I'm expecting those numbers to decrease as the season goes on.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
I would venture to guess that any pop up KO that occurs will probably be just a mis-hit.

It's probably a lot easier to educate one or two kickers per team than it is to teach every player on every team to pull back on the reins when they are supposed to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT