ADVERTISEMENT

Well, Week number 1 is almost in the books.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
i didn't see very many unexpected outcomes at all.

I was a little surprised that Sussex didn't put up a better fight with Essex, but I felt all along that Essex was the much better team.

Goochland just squeaking by TJ did surprised me, but I had a hunch that TJ was a little better than was reported.

Caroline beating JR Tucker is a mild upset, I guess.

Nothside beating Pulaski might be an upset in some people's eyes, (mine included).

Midlothian beating Douglas Freeman is a bit of a surprise.

Some might say Highland Springs destroying Hermitage wasn't expected. Not true. HSHS is at a level we have not seen in awhile. And Hermitage will have a successful season if they find a way to win 5 games.

Your thoughts on this week's surprises?

I knew Northside was going to be up, but I didn’t expect them to beat Pulaski.

Glass dominating Charlottesville was kind of a surprise for me. I knew Glass defense was legit though.

I was surprised Hidden Valley played Patrick Henry close.
I agree with these 3 games, they all surprised me. 2 by being so close and 1 for not being close at all.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Over on this side of the state I was surprised that Warhill totally dominated Heritage NN, two blocked punts and ran all over them. Surprised the Hopewell/Norcom game was 0-0 after 3 Q’s and eventually Norcom was shut out at home.

Over on this side of the state I was surprised that Warhill totally dominated Heritage NN, two blocked punts and ran all over them. Surprised the Hopewell/Norcom game was 0-0 after 3 Q’s and eventually Norcom was shut out at home.

I had heard Heritage's name mentioned a few times during pre-season chatter, but nobody ever substantiated anything. Maybe I'm a little surprised that it was Warhill that exposed them, but not surprised that they were not very good.

I knew Northside was going to be up, but I didn’t expect them to beat Pulaski.

Glass dominating Charlottesville was kind of a surprise for me. I knew Glass defense was legit though.

I was surprised Hidden Valley played Patrick Henry close.

Charlottesville's scrimmage against Botetourt led me to believe that the Black Knights have a lot of work to do to be competitive. And Glass took it to Dinwwide in their scrimmage, so this game didn't shock me.

Reactions: lyhsports
ADVERTISEMENT