ADVERTISEMENT

What’s going to be the biggest upset in Week 1?

I am not confident , and most likely wrong . But, I could see Charlottesville putting it together game one and upsetting Glass....otherwise I don’t see any other games that would stick out this week.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I am not confident , and most likely wrong . But, I could see Charlottesville putting it together game one and upsetting Glass....otherwise I don’t see any other games that would stick out this week.

James Wood lol that would be an upset.

More of an upset than Amherst over Salem

Reactions: hamspear
One thing I'll say for James Wood is that every now and then they play Sherando close in seasons where Sherando clearly has the better team. It's a blowout more often than not but there's a reason why I'm always a little more antsy in the days leading up to playing James Wood versus days leading up to playing a team similar to James Wood on the stats sheet.

1995:
James Wood (2-8): 6
Sherando (11-3): 12

2007:
James Wood (8-3): 14
Sherando (13-1): 21

2015:
James Wood (5-5):10
Sherando (9-2): 14

In 2015 James Wood lost to Millbrook 72-0 two weeks later and then Millbrook went on to lose to Sherando 32-10.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
One thing I'll say for James Wood is that every now and then they play Sherando close in seasons where Sherando clearly has the better team. It's a blowout more often than not but there's a reason why I'm always a little more antsy in the days leading up to playing James Wood versus days leading up to playing a team similar to James Wood on the stats sheet.

1995:
James Wood (2-8): 6
Sherando (11-3): 12

2007:
James Wood (8-3): 14
Sherando (13-1): 21

2015:
James Wood (5-5):10
Sherando (9-2): 14

In 2015 James Wood lost to Millbrook 72-0 two weeks later and then Millbrook went on to lose to Sherando 32-10.

So what you are saying is that IF this upset happens and I mentioned it that I should automatically get a pass to finals of pick em

Reactions: Shruikan
Sour much? Nobody on here has said that about the kid. You take a thread talking about what WOULD be biggest upset, and a post from an Amherst fan and try to make it out that Salem is being talked badly about
Redzone isn't a Salem fan, just to let you know.

I doubt anybody predicted this but:

Churchland 26 - 0 Kecoughtan

Churchland has been at the bottom of the Eastern District for many years. Matt Hatfield had noted on his podcast that the Truckers were going to be improved. But he also picked Kecoughtan to finish 4th in the Peninsula District behind Woodside, Phoebus, and Hampton.

Reactions: mbonape1
I doubt anybody predicted this but:

Churchland 26 - 0 Kecoughtan

Churchland has been at the bottom of the Eastern District for many years. Matt Hatfield had noted on his podcast that the Truckers were going to be improved. But he also picked Kecoughtan to finish 4th in the Peninsula District behind Woodside, Phoebus, and Hampton.

I had heard from a buddy on here that Chirchland was going to be much improved. Surprised a bit though non the less. The Peninsula is waaay down again.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT