ADVERTISEMENT

What 2 games do you have circled on your calendars this year?

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
GW Danville @ JF September 7th*
Glass @ Heritage September 21st

HM:
GW/Amherst August 31st
Dale/Dinwiddie September 28th*
Blacksburg/Salem September 21st* (TOSS UP WITH Glass/Heritage)
Kings Fork/Oscar Smith November 2nd*
Louisa/Courtland August 24th*

* Indicates games that I plan to attend..

Salem @ *Dinwiddie September 7th

Idk what to expect out of *Amherst, (new coach) *Northside, (new coach last year) or *Blacksburg, (new coach) but these home games should be interesting in the first half of the regular season.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
If Akers ends up at Brookville then that game against Glass on the 28th of September will be very very good. Could determine who wins the Seminole & gets the #1 seed come playoff time.

Sherando @ Martinsburg, WV - October 5th
Martinsburg hasn't lost a game since 2015 and is on a 28 game winning streak, and odds are that streak will be up to 34 by the time October comes around. They've won six state championships since 2010 and will contend again this year. The past three games between these two have come down to the wire and I doubt this year will be different.

Sherando vs. Millbrook - November 2nd
Millbrook doesn't have a particularly difficult schedule so I expect they could be undefeated or close to it by the time November rolls around. I was going to put Liberty here because I think they'll be the second best team in Region C but went with Millbrook because it's a county rivalry that has been good as of late.

There are other games I'm looking forward to but they're too far away for me to attend. Stephens City isn't exactly centrally located. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: hamspear
Salem at Dinwiddie
Dinwiddie at Thomas Dale

(Life Christian Acadamy and their entire schedule. Sorry mbonape1, I ain't drinking the kool-aide).

How you could think a team with 15-20 D1 athletes won’t be able to compete on the high school level is beyond me DP. I have been wrong before, but I think they are going to have a 3 year run. The need to scrimmage highland springs in the pre-season!

How you could think a team with 15-20 D1 athletes won’t be able to compete on the high school level is beyond me DP. I have been wrong before, but I think they are going to have a 3 year run. The need to scrimmage highland springs in the pre-season!

It's probably because I'm in denial and just don't want to see it happen! LOL!

As I've shared with you in private, I know the history and background of Life Christian. If they are able to pull off becoming a private school powerhouse in one year, out of nowhere, I'll be shocked beyond belief.

"Potential" D-1 talent, does not a team, make. It's a big factor, I'll grant you that. But, you know as well as I do, it takes a heck of a lot more, and a lot of things to go right, to suddenly become one of "the big boys".

We shall see, my friend. We shall see.

It's probably because I'm in denial and just don't want to see it happen! LOL!

As I've shared with you in private, I know the history and background of Life Christian. If they are able to pull off becoming a private school powerhouse in one year, out of nowhere, I'll be shocked beyond belief.

"Potential" D-1 talent, does not a team, make. It's a big factor, I'll grant you that. But, you know as well as I do, it takes a heck of a lot more, and a lot of things to go right, to suddenly become one of "the big boys".

We shall see, my friend. We shall see.

But let me ask you this... how hard is it in VA to be a good private program? Not very! I am not positive that outside of bishop Sullivan any of them would have won class 4-6 last season and part of me says they wouldn’t have beaten Appo / heritage or hopewell either. Benedictine, St Chris, trinity would have beaten Salem, HSHS or Westfield? I think not

But let me ask you this... how hard is it in VA to be a good private program? Not very! I am not positive that outside of bishop Sullivan any of them would have won class 4-6 last season and part of me says they wouldn’t have beaten Appo / heritage or hopewell either. Benedictine, St Chris, trinity would have beaten Salem, HSHS or Westfield? I think not
Ok, looking at it from that angle, I agree with you. It's not hard to be a big fish in a little sea.

I'm assessing their potential against top Class 3, 4, 5, and 6 teams. I agree with you, with the exception of BS, no private school in the state could match up to these teams. That's my point, LC can stack the deck and run the table on the privates around the state. But, throw them in the ring week after week with top public teams, and theywould be lucky to win a game.

Let me point this out, I'm speaking strictly of this year, next year, and maybe the third year. They will appear good, but couldn't hold their own against teams mentioned above. If they have the willpower to stay the course past these initial first few years then, yeah, maybe. But, I have zero expectation for their efforts to last long enough for them to become a force. (Meaning, I don't share your fears that they will siphon off significant numbers of talented local players.)

If Danville keeps that JF offense under 35 points, I’ll be happy and it’ll be a step in the right direction!
I agree with that! Even in their loses JF scores more than 35. It’s tough to hold them to 1 touchdown per quarter.

Their’s and GW’s strength is also their weaknesses. The offense scores so quick that the defense can’t get a break. They’re off the field for 2-3 minutes tops!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Tuscarora at Woodgrove. The Wolverines were young last year and return a ton of talent. Ben Castellano is a handful at WR. I expect Woodgrove to return to their usual place in the state final conversation this season. Number two for me would be Sherando at Martinsburg.

Reactions: mbonape1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT