ADVERTISEMENT

What caught my eye this week, Week 8!!

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Pizzzzza being able to post scores when we thought we wouldn’t have him this week brought a smile to my face. Thank you sir, as always.

Wow, how about that 4 OT game between Smithfield and Poquoson? Won by Poquoson. It’s always sad that either team has to loose a game that is that closely contested.

Poor Galax, so close to that first victory this season. 41-40 loss to Giles.

I’m very proud of the kids at Charles City. They took the loss but put up 28 points. That’s something those 14 or 15 kids still active on that team should be extremely proud of.

Randolph-Henry won a game. Who the heck are they, you ask. And what’s the big deal? They are a small school which is in Charlotte Court House. And yes, that’s in Virginia. It’s in a beautiful part of Southside in Charlotte County. And what’s the big deal? They don’t win many games, that’s what. In fact, they haven’t had a winning season since 2008 I don’t believe. So let’s salute those boys this week.

Kettle Run convincingly beat Sherando. I understand that it was a fairly evenly played game in the first half, but KR made all the right adjustments and pretty much dominated the second half.

This is probably of little interest to many of you, but Harry Daulton, the USC commit from Dinwiddie is one touchdown away from tying the RVA area touchdown record. Ironically, the current record holder is Adam Morgan from Dinwiddie. Daulton actually could care less, His focus is on winning the next game. But, the media will want to find a story in this.

I’m not sure that the Green Run/Bayside game today didn’t set a record for flags thrown. The penalty yardage won’t reflect how bad it was because so many of them were offsetting. In case you care, GR dominated.

That’s enough from me, let’s hear from you. What did you see this week that made you crinkle your nose?

Denbigh (Newport News) went 3 straight seasons without a single win…they won their second game of the season Saturday beating Kecoughtan 20-9. Wins are over teams combined 1-15. But still props to their clsss of 25 for sticking it out and atlessf getting 2 wins on their resume. Will be interesting to see where Denbigh’s QB transfers to next year…he got talent.

They did have several leave before Golston was hired as head coach, most notably their starting QB. Their problems on the offensive side of the ball don’t appear to be fixable by the end of the season. For me, it continues to reinforce what a great coach Mickey Thompson was for that program. But…he is not walking through that door as we know. Tough times right now in Ashburn with the Bulldogs.

Pizzzzza being able to post scores when we thought we wouldn’t have him this week brought a smile to my face. Thank you sir, as always.

Wow, how about that 4 OT game between Smithfield and Poquoson? Won by Poquoson. It’s always sad that either team has to loose a game that is that closely contested.

Poor Galax, so close to that first victory this season. 41-40 loss to Giles.

I’m very proud of the kids at Charles City. They took the loss but put up 28 points. That’s something those 14 or 15 kids still active on that team should be extremely proud of.

Randolph-Henry won a game. Who the heck are they, you ask. And what’s the big deal? They are a small school which is in Charlotte Court House. And yes, that’s in Virginia. It’s in a beautiful part of Southside in Charlotte County. And what’s the big deal? They don’t win many games, that’s what. In fact, they haven’t had a winning season since 2008 I don’t believe. So let’s salute those boys this week.

Kettle Run convincingly beat Sherando. I understand that it was a fairly evenly played game in the first half, but KR made all the right adjustments and pretty much dominated the second half.

This is probably of little interest to many of you, but Harry Daulton, the USC commit from Dinwiddie is one touchdown away from tying the RVA area touchdown record. Ironically, the current record holder is Adam Morgan from Dinwiddie. Daulton actually could care less, His focus is on winning the next game. But, the media will want to find a story in this.

I’m not sure that the Green Run/Bayside game today didn’t set a record for flags thrown. The penalty yardage won’t reflect how bad it was because so many of them were offsetting. In case you care, GR dominated.

That’s enough from me, let’s hear from you. What did you see this week that made you crinkle your nose?
Any chance Daulton rethinks his USC commit? The Trojans appear to be a trainwreck in progress.

They did have several leave before Golston was hired as head coach, most notably their starting QB. Their problems on the offensive side of the ball don’t appear to be fixable by the end of the season. For me, it continues to reinforce what a great coach Mickey Thompson was for that program. But…he is not walking through that door as we know. Tough times right now in Ashburn with the Bulldogs.
That's unfortunate. It seemed like that program was setup to just keep rolling.

Needs to look right down the road. Herbert in the NFL, Tuten having one of the best RB seasons in the nation. Get away from the folks but close enough for an easy drive on gamedays. Playing time open day 1 next season, all for the taking.
Getting away from his family is surely not his concern. He wants to take care of his mother and brother. They are going with him. Although I would truly love it VA Tech cannot match the USC offer. I respect him a ton because he made a decision and has not waivered. Not going to say that Harry will not change his mind; however, the opportunity for a nice payday for a kid who has never had a lot is extremely important. He may be a fish out of water (really country) in LA, but he has a chance to write his own story.

Getting away from his family is surely not his concern. He wants to take care of his mother and brother. They are going with him. Although I would truly love it VA Tech cannot match the USC offer. I respect him a ton because he made a decision and has not waivered. Not going to say that Harry will not change his mind; however, the opportunity for a nice payday for a kid who has never had a lot is extremely important. He may be a fish out of water (really country) in LA, but he has a chance to write his own story.
Sounds like he is going to be the breadwinner at a young age. That is a heavy load to carry, especially for one so young. I hope he has tremendous success wherever he goes, just hope he is clear eyed in his decision making.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
@1MoreHokie and @cutnjump it looks like VA Tech has offered Overton from Hayfield and is trying to flip the Texas RB who has verballed to Boise St. With what they already have it seems like a crowded Hokie RB room.

@1MoreHokie and @cutnjump it looks like VA Tech has offered Overton from Hayfield and is trying to flip the Texas RB who has verballed to Boise St. With what they already have it seems like a crowded Hokie RB room.
My original question was more directed to Daulton moving on from USC as opposed to a specific landing spot. You are correct on the Overton commit but, I think schools usually have their best long term results with recruits closer to home so that Boise/Texas RB would not generally excite me more than a recruit closer to home. There can be exceptions or special circumstances but, that is the way I generally view it.

My original question was more directed to Daulton moving on from USC as opposed to a specific landing spot. You are correct on the Overton commit but, I think schools usually have their best long term results with recruits closer to home so that Boise/Texas RB would not generally excite me more than a recruit closer to home. There can be exceptions or special circumstances but, that is the way I generally view it.
As of right now, there is no indication that Daulton has given any thought whatsoever to changing his mind or de-committing. Any rumors to the contrary are exactly that, unfounded rumors. Harry may well eventually decide that somewhere else is a better fit for him, but he is not a wishy washy, grab for the next great thing, type of kid. One reason there is “nothing to report” is because Harry and the rest of the players are focused on the next game. If you know anything about Coach Mills, then you know he demands focus and attention to details, and is totally intolerant of even talking about any team other than the next one up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT