ADVERTISEMENT

What game(s) would you like to see in Spring 2021

iDidntGetBanned

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2019
Coach Loren Johnson had a brilliant idea that there could be some games that weren’t originally scheduled for this fall, being played in the Spring. Hearing that just fired me up. He said that there could be Highland Springs/Louisa or Hopewell/Varina. Gimme your best matchups you’d like to see.

My top 5 in no specific order:
5. Deep Run vs. Colonial Forge
4. Varina vs. Dinwiddie
3. Monacan vs. Hermitage
2. Manchester vs. Massaponax
1. Highland Springs vs. Varina, Herm, and Deep Run

Last edited:
Reactions: springer76
Coach Loren Johnson had a brilliant idea that there could be some games that weren’t originally scheduled for this fall, being played in the Spring. Hearing that just fired me up. He said that there could be Highland Springs/Louisa or Hopewell/Varina. Gimme your best matchups you’d like to see.

My top 5 in no specific order:
5. Deep Run vs. Colonial Forge
4. Varina vs. Dinwiddie
3. Monacan vs. Hermitage
2. Manchester vs. Massaponax
1. Highland Springs vs. Varina, Herm, and Deep Run

In addition to what you named...

Hermitage v. LC Bird(Bedwell's new team v. old team)
Thomas Dale v. Manchester

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I'd like to see:
Varina vs Stone Bridge
Manchester vs Maury
Dinwiddie vs Deep Run
Highland Springs vs Salem or Louisa or Sherando
Highland Springs vs Salem or Louisa or Sherando??

Neither a challenge to Highland Springs. Martinsburg whipped both Salem and Sherando last year. Why not Martinsburg lol?

Neither a challenge to Highland Springs. Martinsburg whipped both Salem and Sherando last year. Why not Martinsburg lol?
I’d like to see Highland Springs/Westfield. I don’t believe Martinsburg has enough horses this year to beat the Springers.

Reactions: aw19752

We have Martinsburg on our schedule this year and next! My understanding is that we won't be playing out of state ghis coming season. We also have Oscar Smith, Page (NC), North Stafford and Colonial Forge! Not sure about any of those now!

We have Martinsburg on our schedule this year and next! My understanding is that we won't be playing out of state ghis coming season. We also have Oscar Smith, Page (NC), North Stafford and Colonial Forge! Not sure about any of those now!
Is it still going go be a reduced schedule and district play only?

Deep Run will have its best team in school history this upcoming year. Would love to see them and Highland Springs matched up. Far East End vs. far West End. As good as Bug Jones is, Bo Kite may be the most athletically gifted in the whole 804. May not have the speed that some have, but that kid is a beast.

@springer76 its my understanding that if we do playoffs it will be a modified schedule. If no playoffs, we could see these unique matchups just for exposure. Either way, it should be exciting.

Deep Run will have its best team in school history this upcoming year. Would love to see them and Highland Springs matched up. Far East End vs. far West End. As good as Bug Jones is, Bo Kite may be the most athletically gifted in the whole 804. May not have the speed that some have, but that kid is a beast.

@springer76 its my understanding that if we do playoffs it will be a modified schedule. If no playoffs, we could see these unique matchups just for exposure. Either way, it should be exciting.

Personally I would like to see a modified schedule and some sort of playoff.

I would lkke HS and DR to tangle this year! By the way, Bugg Jones will not be QB this year! That will most likely be Juwan Dent. Bugg will be used in a variety of ways.

I would lkke HS and DR to tangle this year! By the way, Bugg Jones will not be QB this year! That will most likely be Juwan Dent. Bugg will be used in a variety of ways.
Do you think Bugg, Gilliam, and Harmon will play this spring?

Do you think Bugg, Gilliam, and Harmon will play this spring?
I doubt it! Harmon has already committed to Oklahoma and plans on enrolling in January. I think Bugg and Gilliam will do the same thing! All 3 of these kids are excellent students and have the capability of finishing high school by the end of the 1st semester...

I doubt it! Harmon has already committed to Oklahoma and plans on enrolling in January. I think Bugg and Gilliam will do the same thing! All 3 of these kids are excellent students and have the capability of finishing high school by the end of the 1st semester...

Can't blame these guys one bit if that is what they do, I imagine we will see a lot of seniors opting out to preserve their body for when they do report to college or early enrollment

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Can't blame these guys one bit if that is what they do, I imagine we will see a lot of seniors opting out to preserve their body for when they do report to college or early enrollment
It's going to be a great tune up for the 2021-'22 kids coming up! I wonder if the JV teams will play come March? If not.... they too will tune up for the 2021 Fall season mixing it up with the varsity!!

Highland Springs and Life Christian
Life Christian has a very bad reputation of dirty recruiting in the 804. I don’t have a problem if a parent wants to send their kid there but when you openly recruit on Instagram and walk up to opponents’ kids.. I say that to say this, no public school in the 804 are going to play those guys. I have no problem with LCA myself, but facts remain.

Life Christian has a very bad reputation of dirty recruiting in the 804. I don’t have a problem if a parent wants to send their kid there but when you openly recruit on Instagram and walk up to opponents’ kids.. I say that to say this, no public school in the 804 are going to play those guys. I have no problem with LCA myself, but facts remain.
i think HS has has had opportunity to play them and chose not to!

i think HS has has had opportunity to play them and chose not to!
I’ll say this. I’ve never seen any coaches at Benedictine or Collegiate or Trinity (respected programs and great schools) hop on social media and recruit openly like LCA does. Those programs have a lot more respect than that (and morals) and their body of work speaks for itself. Highland Springs wouldn’t gain anything from playing LCA. It’s good for us fans but what happens when one of their coaches approach a Springer and feeds them ear cookies.. He leaves then another leaves and then the cycle continues. Not that LCA is a threat to HS, they’d never be, but it’s just bad for business. Everything that sparkles isn’t gold.

Last edited:
I’ll say this. I’ve never seen any coaches at Benedictine or Collegiate or Trinity (respected programs and great schools) hop on social media and recruit openly like LCA does. Those programs have a lot more respect and morals and their body of work speaks for itself. Highland Springs wouldn’t gain anything from playing LCA. It’s good for us fans but what happens when one of their coaches approach a Springer and feeds them ear cookies.. He leaves then another leaves and then the cycle continues. Not that LCA is a threat to HS, they’d never, but it’s just bad for business. Everything that sparkles isn’t gold.

I get it . I would love to see the game played. Especially since LCA loves to boast about how good they are.

I get it . I would love to see the game played. Especially since LCA loves to boast about how good they are.
I think it would be a good game. I watched some highlights of LCA/St. Frances and didn’t see a well oiled machine offense like you’d think. As many good athletes as LCA has, I wonder how good are their second and third string guys.

LCA just got one of Lake Taylor’s best players today. He’s an underclassmen on top of that.

Respectfully, I don’t even think they know themselves.

I personally am of the believe that LCA would beat any public high school team in VA handily. All the other things you guys said are true but they just have too much talent. Their line is huge . They just got Aaron Willis transferring in from St. Frances (Tennessee linebacker commit) and so much more. The first few years they were building and very young and now they have got an embarrassment of riches in terms of talent. AGAIN everything that has been said about them by all you solid posters is true... 💯 facts. But they have too much firepower now for a public high school. Yes, even the mighty Springers

I personally am of the believe that LCA would beat any public high school team in VA handily. All the other things you guys said are true but they just have too much talent. Their line is huge . They just got Aaron Willis transferring in from St. Frances (Tennessee linebacker commit) and so much more. The first few years they were building and very young and now they have got an embarrassment of riches in terms of talent. AGAIN everything that has been said about them by all you solid posters is true... 💯 facts. But they have too much firepower now for a public high school. Yes, even the mighty Springers
I agree when I factor in that Gilliam, Jones and Harmon are not playing for Highland Springs. I just don’t see any 804, 757 or Fredericksburg area public school team playing them. If one of those LCA coaches come up and sell them stale cookies, they’re more than likely buying them. A lot of 804 kids are getting D1 offers from that school and that’s all the kids at the area public schools see. I like LCA, but one of the few things that Hoosprings says that I agree with is they are Last Chance Academy. It’s a lot of talent and competition in the 804 at the public school level, you don’t need to go there unless you’ve exerted all other options.

ADVERTISEMENT