ADVERTISEMENT

What is a bealton?

MaroonDude

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 19, 2018
Like a snoopy dog? They gonna travel 8 hours round trip to get that fanny spanked. Prolly pull a BBurg….

It’s Bealeton and it’s in Fauquier county. They have traveled to Salem to play before not long ago.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Bealton is a beautiful part of our state. Rural, farm country with the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains off to the west.
You're right. That whole area of Fauquier southwards on 17 to the Stafford County line is beautiful. And unfortunately, developers are salivating at the earliest chance to snatch up as much of that land as possible.

There is a couple that built a house on an old mill pond near me. They were dairy farmers near Nokesville. The developers offered him an absurd amount of money for his family farm. He finally had to give in. It’s sad, but there was no one coming along to take over the farm, and the money meant that he and his wife could retire comfortably. But it’s still sad.

This is a great thread. Warrenton/Bealton/Haymarket/Gainesville are beautiful places. I’d say it’s probably the best area to live in in the state if we’re looking at proximity to attractions and nature, safeness, and job opportunities. Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they call it Horse Country? I know there’s many great vineyards/wineries/breweries up that way.

Bealton is a beautiful part of our state. Rural, farm country with the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains off to the west.
But, sadly, giving away to the sprawl from DC. Wife and I love driving out that way to get away from the rat race. It hurts to know in the not too distant future all that lovely farmland and trees will give way to overpriced townhomes.

This is a great thread. Warrenton/Bealton/Haymarket/Gainesville are beautiful places. I’d say it’s probably the best area to live in in the state if we’re looking at proximity to attractions and nature, safeness, and job opportunities. Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t they call it Horse Country? I know there’s many great vineyards/wineries/breweries up that way.
I'd call Fauquier in general Horse Country. I find the town of Culpeper to have more going on than Warrenton though. Just my opinion.

I'd call Fauquier in general Horse Country. I find the town of Culpeper to have more going on than Warrenton though. Just my opinion.
I was in Culpeper a few weeks back for the EV/KG game. Beautiful place too. I didn’t realize it was a whole 30 miles to Warrenton though. My dad used to be stationed at FT Myer so we’d always go 29.

Hope you’re doing well bro!

Reactions: MMQP 6.0
I was in Culpeper a few weeks back for the EV/KG game. Beautiful place too. I didn’t realize it was a whole 30 miles to Warrenton though. My dad used to be stationed at FT Myer so we’d always go 29.

Same with you man! That 30 miles goes by like a breeze after you've dealt with NoVa traffic day in and day out. I didn't realize it was that far either. It is a nice area for sure.

I don’t know how I missed this thread.

We left the Urban Sprawl of Fairfax County and then Prince William years ago for exact comments @BoKnowsSports has stated about the Local Warrenton/Bealton/Nokesville community. The circling towns outside Prince William are a great place to live and raise families. I think I got lucky being able to live and raise the kids in Fauquier county.

And now we have a solid football program with KR in the county. 😂

Warrenton from Culpeper is about 19 miles. Both have different scenery and things to offer.

I don’t know how I missed this thread.

We left the Urban Sprawl of Fairfax County and then Prince William years ago for exact comments @BoKnowsSports has stated about the Local Warrenton/Bealton/Nokesville community. The circling towns outside Prince William are a great place to live and raise families. I think I got lucky being able to live and raise the kids in Fauquier county.

And now we have a solid football program with KR in the county. 😂
LOL, your experience brought back a memory. Petersburg was circling the drain, and the parents of my best friend decided to get out while the getting out was good, and bought a house in a nice subdivision just outside of Petersburg in Prince George County. Two years later——, Petersburg annexed that area!!!

Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
They have the Flying Circus in Bealton on Sundays during the warmer months. You can watch old biplanes have dogfights and do stunts, even take a ride in one! Great fun!
You can hang out over at Germantown Lake and watch those shows. I know one day we were driving down one of the back roads in that area and a plane was doing nose dives over top of us.

Reactions: WarrentonCougar21
Before the consolidation into Fauquier High, there used to be three football playing schools in that county: Warrenton, Marshall and the school in Bealeton back then was Cedar Lee. I believe W.C. Taylor consolidated in at a later date (?).

Been on 29 plenty of times in my life, made the drive from Charlottesville to DC many times to see family. Every county you go through is beautiful in its own way. Greene and Madison are super rural with small towns and though they are mostly associated with Charlottesville, they are very much their own thing.

Culpeper has grown and it's such an awesome town. It's gotten to the point where it could certainly be it's own independent city (it's 20,000 now) but it's a great stopping point on 29.

Haven't ever spent much time in Bealeton or Warrenton but it really is the last stop until you hit that suburban NOVA sprawl. Really hope those developers don't move in but at this point it's just a matter of time.

As for football, I would bet a lot of money on Salem to win Region D, but hope Liberty can go down there and make a game of it. Best of luck to all teams.

Reactions: MaroonDude
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT