ADVERTISEMENT

What kind of kicking game does Louisa have?

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Depth of kickoffs, field goal range, extra point consistency.
Salems Craft kick 90 percent into end zone. 50 yard range. Excellent consistency on extra points.

All their kick offs to us were short and to the right side on purpose. Both FG’s at around 25-30 yards were straight and true. Extra points were fine. Louisa’s kicking game appears excellent.

JUCO or Carson-Wise, I heard. Might get some better looks after another year or two or might just want to jump in with C-W.

Best kicker in the state, though.

Last edited:
There is a lot of good kickers on bad teams , I won’t go as far as best in the state. Probably the best in the final for sure! That’s all that matters.

All their kick offs to us were short and to the right side on purpose. Both FG’s at around 25-30 yards were straight and true. Extra points were fine. Louisa’s kicking game appears excellent.
I would call that adequate, not excellent. Kicks into the end zone and the threat of fifty yd. Field goals I would call excellent.

I would call that adequate, not excellent. Kicks into the end zone and the threat of fifty yd. Field goals I would call excellent.
I would agree, great kickers in high school give touch backs. Adequate kickers put the ball in play to great returners. Salem completely kept the ball out of Washington’s hands last Saturday. Kicker was a silent weapon.

I can tell you that Manchester, Monacan, and Dinwiddie all had amazing kickers! In regards to touch backs and xp’s and FG’s. These guys all have serious leg and I trust all of them to make big kicks.

Louisa has a solid kicking game but I think Salem has the advantage there. Louisa’s kicker is good enough that it is not a problem at all. Certainly capable of making XP’s and short to medium field goals. If it is a long field goal I think that is where Salem has the advantage.

Analyzing the kicking is fun, but this game will be won in the trenches. Who can get stops... everybody can score

I dont know the situation with Louisa kicker, and certainly sounds like Salem kicker has more leg, but the biggest leg I seen this year on the kickoffs they were high 15 yard kicks, done on purpose. So you can't just assume if a kicker doesn't kick deep he can't. Could be a strategy

Now 50 plus leg, that is GREAT for a HS kid.

Reactions: Lafayette
Salem's kicker Nate Craft is a very well rounded kicker and punter. You guys know how much I value soecial teams play and this kid is the real deal.

Louisa's kicker has a good leg and has the ability to kick it inside of the ten, but the Lions coaching staff prefer the pooch or squib kick. Have to respect the confidence they have in their defense. They will try an onside kick as well. They rarely punt, but when the do its rugby style. They will force Salem to respect the run or pass and then punt.

Kickers are rated by kicking services and they are not necessarily based on fact, but what service/camps they attend. This young man is considrered by some services to be a 5 star kicker and #32 in his class. Craft has competed very well against some of the best kickers on the East Coast and done very well. I know for a fact he has won at least two (if not more) competitions this fall. In fact, he beat the Blacksburg kicker who has been offered by JMU at the JMU Camp.

Is he the best in the state? Might just be one of the best. I wouldnt bet against him. He surely has proven time and time again to be a weapon and can make the money kick. I do believe he is a bit underappreciated and could be utilized a bit more to produce points when a drive stalls.

If special teams come into play Craft surely gives Salem the edge.

Last edited:
Salem's kicker Nate Craft is a very well rounded kicker and punter. You guys know how much I value soecial teams play and this kid is the real deal.

Louisa's kicker has a good leg and has the ability to kick it inside of the ten, but the Lions coaching staff prefer the pooch or squib kick. Have to respect the confidence they have in their defense. They will try an onside kick as well. They rarely punt, but when the do its rugby style. They will force Salem to respect the run or pass and then punt.

@1MoreHokie, what makes you think Craft will go the JUCO route? Very few kickers get early offers and many are brought in as preferred walk ons. It is my understanding he has been talking to several D-1, D-2 and weighing his options. You seem awful sure, but I don't think hanging the JUCO tag on him is appropriate at this point.

Kickers are rated by kicking services and they are not necessarily based on fact, but what service/camps they attend. This young man is considrered by some services to be a 5 star kicker and #32 in his class. Craft has competed very well against some of the best kickers on the East Coast and done very well. I know for a fact he has won at least two (if not more) competitions this fall. In fact, he beat the Blacksburg kicker who has been offered by JMU at the JMU Camp.

Is he the best in the state? Might just be one of the best. I wouldnt bet against him. He surely has proven time and time again to be a weapon and can make the money kick. I do believe he is a bit underappreciated and could be utilized a bit more to produce points when a drive stalls.

If special teams come into play Craft surely gives Salem the edge.
Ditto Navy! Good info!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT