ADVERTISEMENT

What was with traffic jam on 81?

Sounds like I-64 down here. Nice to know all the interstates stink for normal travel. 15 years late they are putting a third lane each direction on 64 on the peninsula.

I imagine most of fhe colleges let their students loose for Thanksgiving break today.

Some folks might have left early for their Thanksgiving travels as well?

I imagine most of fhe colleges let their students loose for Thanksgiving break today.

Some folks might have left early for their Thanksgiving travels as well?

The students might have had some affect. But honestly, 81 is an absolute nightmare every Friday, from Wytheville almost into Augusta County. It's bad enough on all the other days of the week.

I hear ya.

I used to sit in traffic on 81 back in my college days, particularly around the Thanksgiving to and from home trip!

Man if there was rain involved it was HELLA traffic!!!

When isn't there a traffic jam on 81 anymore? Especially on Friday. I avoid 81 in both directions at all costs on Fridays. Just hope there were no fatalities.
Just a thought guys . How about better train service ? It costs less than these massive highways .

Reactions: Tom Potter
Just a thought guys . How about better train service ? It costs less than these massive highways .
Its good idea but with train your tied to a schedule is only issue i have with trains. but they are good for vacation I've used it few time to go to new york an DC to avoid the traffic mess.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT