ADVERTISEMENT

what will be the excuse

racindan4u

VaPreps Rookie
Oct 16, 2014
it was not a stellar defense this week for the lions. those who go off the deep end because of one win need a dose of reality. the lions need to be on their A game with so many players gone. be realistic.

it was not a stellar defense this week for the lions. those who go off the deep end because of one win need a dose of reality. the lions need to be on their A game with so many players gone. be realistic.
What was the score?

Everything I said still stands, great potential with this team, still moving players around and figuring things out. The score is 45-20 now with 5 minutes left with the second string in. There are always ups and downs with young teams, we'll be fine. Louisa needs games like this one, this year. Chancellor actually has a pulse offensively and #7 Scott is a stud. By the way, Courtland is leading a supposedly improved Liberty 28-10 at half, will resume tomorrow.

Last edited:
its all good to support the team but be REALISTIC guy. and where was the pulse last week when they got pounded.

its all good to support the team but be REALISTIC guy. and where was the pulse last week when they got pounded.
It's week 2 dude, Chancellor brought out a Massaponax triple option out of nowhere when Louisa was up 24-0, and it took a couple drives for the Lions to adjust. That's a tough offense to stop with barely to no practice against it. Hell it's tough to stop in general anyway. At least tell the story of the game before you down a fellow fan. REALISTICALLY! Fun game to watch! It's not as if we barely won 17-3 or something.

Last edited:
@racindan4u where were you with your thoughts last week? We could've got a good discussion going between two actual Louisa fans! Why wait until a tiny bit of adversity pops up before you get on here and look fair weather?

lol calm down its just a game. and fair weather I am not. ive been watching and playing with louisa since 1975 through the good and Bad times so I'm no fair weather fan. as for last week I didn't need to say anything because you had them in the state champ game again after one week. and I couldn't get a word in. did you see the subject of this thread because I set you up. you bit with the first excuse. I have no doubt they will do fine but sloppy play like tonight will not get them to that state game. GO LIONS!!!!. oh as a observation that tantrum you threw up there is why so many ppl bust your chops. be humble

Reactions: gwb16
Those aren't excuses, they're facts. I can take any chopbusting. I'm literally the only Louisa fan who posts so who else could you have been baiting? LOL. And I don't expect the players or playcalling to look that sloppy by week 10.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
It's week 2 dude, Chancellor brought out a Massaponax triple option out of nowhere when Louisa was up 21-0, and it took a couple drives for the Lions to adjust. That's a tough offense to stop with barely to no practice against it. Hell it's tough to stop in general anyway. At least tell the story of the game before you down a fellow fan. REALISTICALLY! Fun game to watch! It's not as if we barely won 17-3 or something.
They ran the triple option against King George last year after not showing it all year and KG struggled for a couple of drives before adjusting, ultimately losing 23-21, and they were probably the better team. Definitely a tough offense to adjust to and slow down.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Louisa will probably win the Jefferson as it’s not that strong of a district but I don’t think they’re that impressive watched film from last week and highlights from tonight. They can and will be beat, don’t see much that makes me fear them like last year but what do I know, best of luck. I don’t think they’re elite or dominant in any department besides B Smith.

Hey I'll take 936 yards of offense and 80 points through two games with a bunch of non dominant players any day and twice on Sunday. *shrug* Win or lose, I love this group's attitude and how they will love to continue this tradition of proving outsiders wrong.

Hey Hoos, I heard that Louisa and Massaponax are playing next cycle. Do you have any knowledge of this?
Thats very interesting news. I know they are playing Dinwiddie. Maybe Region 4b can show 5b something.

I had told myself and others the other day that I wasn't posting anymore for a while, and then this guy Dan pops up out of the woodwork. This is my last for a while and I just wanna throw in some perspective. Plus I haven't done a game summary in a long time anyway, since it's worthless on here nowadays, but I'll scratch the itch. I have never been the type to ever forget that there are two local teams on that field and they BOTH want to win.

Louisa's defense continued where they left off last week for much of the first half. Chancellor couldn't move the ball at all. Louisa even got a pick, deep in Chancellor's territory, but that's when momentum started to shift. The Lions were held to a field goal, which made the score 24-0 in the 2nd qtr. Chancellor then did what Courtland refused to do, and got out of their comfort zone offensively. Credit the Lions for forcing that to happen, and credit Chancellor for being willing to switch things up and FIGHT.

On the first play of their next drive, which started at their own 16, they came out in the triple option, with 6' 1" 205 lbs sophomore Krisshaun Scott at fullback, busted an 84 yard run up the middle and scored, and it was "game on" from there.

On Louisa's first play of the following drive, a questionable 1st down pass call led to a 43 yard pick return, and Chancellor scored a couple of plays later, again on a Scott run. Just like that, it was 24-13. Louisa got the ball back and scored quickly, which led to the 31-13 halftime score.

Chancellor opened the 3rd with more triple option, and moved the ball down the field but was slowed down near the redzone. However, on 4th and 13 after a huge sack, there was some miscommunication by a couple of Lion DBs (I think one of them had just been moved to that area due to a starter being banged up but I might be wrong), Chancellor's QB instantly saw it, and threw a touchdown. Louisa scored later to end the 3rd with a 39-20 score. The Lion defense would shut out the Chargers the rest of the game, after getting used to that option, and the 2nd string was in midway through the 4th.

Chancellor showed a lot of scrappiness and fight with them that I didn't see from them last year. I credit that to their new coaching staff, especially new defensive coordinator Jeff Drugatz, whom I know. Those kids took on his personality quickly, haha. They run the same defense as Louisa now. They looked improved from last year and have some young talent, like Scott. They were also huge and physical up front, and probably regret not simply opening the game with the triple option and mixing in their spread later on instead.

This was exactly the type of game I wanted to see out of these new Lions, and they responded. The DBs were tested more and played well for the most part. I'm glad this game happened now instead of later.

Screenshot_20180901-133815_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
What is this thread about? Not being smart or taking a shot at anyone, but am I right in inferring that it is supposed to be what is the "excuse" for not winning by more?

If I am reading it wrong, please explain. If I am reading it correctly then that is just silly. They won, no excuses neccessary

the bottom line is that he hyped the lions like they had already won the championship after one week. he cant just say nice game hes gotta talk like he has to defend the lions and he really don't have to do it. after the first week and his hype louisa according to him should have blown chancellor out of the water but at the half they were still in the game. so the point was chill out the guys lost a lot of players let them grow and don't crown them after one week. that's all and hoos don't sulk.

the bottom line is that he hyped the lions like they had already won the championship after one week. he cant just say nice game hes gotta talk like he has to defend the lions and he really don't have to do it. after the first week and his hype louisa according to him should have blown chancellor out of the water but at the half they were still in the game. so the point was chill out the guys lost a lot of players let them grow and don't crown them after one week. that's all and hoos don't sulk.

I dont think he said they were going to win it all, just seemed excited for his team, and he even said he was wrong about them coming in. It was expected to be a big threat coming in and they did a good job it sounds like. Hoos seems pretty reserved in his hype compared to some others, and all the hype for all the top teams has seemed pretty legit.

Just seemed strange that before he even signed on to say a word about the game that you expected an excuse when they won

ive watched here for many years so I expected it. I think the game came out just like it should have in that louisa has so many changes but the changes are pretty good and they will improve as the year goes imo.

He’s one of the most passionate fans on the board and he admires his lions, they’ve taken some lumps but he’s been here for it. I like jabbing him asking about who’s there other than smith and he gives me solid information but those who want to troll him are funny.

Hey Hoos, I heard that Louisa and Massaponax are playing next cycle. Do you have any knowledge of this?
I can answer that LOUISA did drop Powhatan. We did pick up another game. I’m not at liberty to say. It will be a team north of LOUISA. It was not Massaponax.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT