ADVERTISEMENT

What Will You Miss?

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
What will you miss most about football being played in the fall... aside from the action on the field.

For me, I am going to miss the smell of the concessions as you enter a stadium, the band(if it is a good band) rocking the house. The excitement of the players during warmups... The chatter on the sidelines you pickup on as a reporter.

I will miss how you start the season in blazing heat... I remember a few years ago I went to Manchester when they hosted Matoaca and I don't ever recall sweating so much at a football game. Then there is that crisp fall air that descends mid-season where you trade in the shorts for the jeans and a sweat shirt and when it is all said and done we are in November/December braving the cold elements.

Hopefully we have Spring football and it will be a unique experience for sure and give us all new experiences and memories but I am really going to miss Friday Night Lights in the fall.

I think we will all miss it for one or more of the reasons you described. I guess the best way to look at it is to hope that it will be a one-time only adjustment and that by the fall of 2021, "maybe" this virus will be under control enough that we can get back to normal.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
I think we will all miss it for one or more of the reasons you described. I guess the best way to look at it is to hope that it will be a one-time only adjustment and that by the fall of 2021, "maybe" this virus will be under control enough that we can get back to normal.

Read article yesterday on vaccine going through final testing on 30,000 people. If it passes the final test, vaccines should be available early 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT