ADVERTISEMENT

What would have been.....

Page County Public Schools (Page Co High and Luray High) just went full remote for the next 2 weeks due to rising covid numbers. Tryouts for basketball have been postponed. Open gyms are still allowed. Students won't return to the building until at least January. Interesting times for sure!

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Appo wins state
That would be nice but there are some spots to fill to be back in the mix.
I'm thinking Buckingham and Draft out of the East should be legit.
Radford, Glenvar, Wise, and Graham should also be in the mix out of the West.

Reactions: oldfool2
I agree whole heartedly! Crying shame that they stole these kids senior season if they decide later to pull the plug.
I’m doubting if we see anything in Va before spring sports unless the vaccines roll out faster than anticipated. Tennessee had and is having their share of disruptions. Saw on WCYB.com that Gate City has quarantined their basketball team for at least two weeks. Noticed a few divisions have already canceled season two. Hopefully, we will see somewhat a normal life in the near future but I anticipate disruption until March or April. So now it’s up to the VHSL to make a decision or just keep kicking the can further down the street.

I’m doubting if we see anything in Va before spring sports unless the vaccines roll out faster than anticipated. Tennessee had and is having their share of disruptions. Saw on WCYB.com that Gate City has quarantined their basketball team for at least two weeks. Noticed a few divisions have already canceled season two. Hopefully, we will see somewhat a normal life in the near future but I anticipate disruption until March or April. So now it’s up to the VHSL to make a decision or just keep kicking the can further down the street.

Kids should’ve been allowed to play in the fall.

Yep Tennessee just finished a full 15 week season. Sure there were disruptions and games cancelled along the way, but for the most part, the games got played.

Yeah, Northam isn't going to let sports happen in Virginia. I'd be shocked.

Basketball Practice has started in some districts that have chosen to play. I think it will be left up to the school divisions.

Numbers just came out on our local news for VA (reported by WSET in Lynchburg).
Cases : 271,043
HOSPITALITIONS : 15,723
DEATHS: 4,335

If you do the math on that (what they don't show you)

98.6% SURVIVAL RATE

Last edited:
People have to look for something to complain about. It’s funny that James Harden can go out to the strip club for the past month, test positive for Rona and be able to possibly return to playing basketball on Monday. Saban tested positive that week and coached on Saturday. I wear my mask and live like I’ve been living these past 27 years on this earth. Can’t live in fear forever.

People have to look for something to complain about. It’s funny that James Harden can go out to the strip club for the past month, test positive for Rona and be able to possibly return to playing basketball on Monday. Saban tested positive that week and coached on Saturday. I wear my mask and live like I’ve been living these past 27 years on this earth. Can’t live in fear forever.

Well Northams sorry butt just locked us down with even more restrictions. Surprise, surprise.

Last edited:
Well Northams sorry butt just locked us down with even more restrictions. Surprise, surprise.
Go out, folks. Go to breweries that have
outdoor seating and have firepits and food trucks. Support your local businesses. Wear a mask even though they are pretty much useless. GET OUT AND PROVE THE FEAR MONGERS WRONG. I have been going out and enjoying life since July, and will continue to do so.

Numbers just came out on our local news for VA (reported by WSET in Lynchburg).
Cases : 271,043
HOSPITALITIONS : 15,723
DEATHS: 4,335

If you do the math on that (what they don't show you)

99.98% SURVIVAL RATE
I did the math with your numbers and that's a 98.4 % Survival rate. I get your point, however.

I did the math with your numbers and that's a 98.4 % Survival rate. I get your point, however.

Silly guys, you're supposed to use the common core crap being shoved down kids throats now.

Or even better.. you're not supposed to question those in power at all. Just "wear the f'n mask" and hide inside for the rest of your life while those in power and their friends and family hang out at their beach houses etc..etc..

Coach Brad: I picked up on that too. Not too many outdoor basketball courts that could handle a regulation game that I am aware of.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT