ADVERTISEMENT

What's the call????

Bo Bob

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Dec 1, 2016
So right before the half in the Appo Glenvar game, Appo scored to tie the game and had to kick off with 1:10 on the clock.
Appomattox kicks a high hanger that is first touched by one of our players at the other 40 (kick went 20 yards), there is a scramble for the ball and we recover. Flag then comes out and the ball is given to Glenvar plus a 15 for tripping. Flag was thrown right at the kid who recovered the ball and on the film the closest he gets to a Glenvar player (other then when on the ground going for the ball) was 2-3 yards.

Aside from the tripping call some where told that the kicking team can't touch the ball before it either hits a player on the receiving team or hits the ground first past the 10 yards....... That correct????

I also add that while I didn't like this call I am not saying the game wasn't called well. I know some Appo folks were complaining and saying the refs were against us but I would remind them of the end of the game where we had to punt and their kid returned it for a TD that was called back on a block in the back. If that call isn't made its Glenvar traveling to Bluefield this weekend.

I believe the explanation for this type of play is on the Ask The Officials forum.

Reactions: Bo Bob
Thanks !!! Got it and understand now.
I dont have access to any film to actually see the play in detail nor did we have a vantage point to see if it was a legit trip or not. The refs did a good job even if they got confused on where to spot the ball a time or two.

I dont have access to any film to actually see the play in detail nor did we have a vantage point to see if it was a legit trip or not. The refs did a good job even if they got confused on where to spot the ball a time or two.
I guess it was ruled, "kick catching interference". The definitely was no tripping on the play.

Reactions: oldfool2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT