ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s the leadership of this Board?

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
I’m usually reserved to drama but this has caught my eye since the last 2 weeks of the regular season the most. This is the only sports board I’ve ever seen where you can give a honest/respectful opinion and be showered with personal attack’s and disrespect and absolutely nothing is done about it. I’m not a paying member like some (who have complained about the disrespect) but I’m done with the disrespect that’s been shown to members on this board. Rod didn’t play that mess and since he’s been gone, people think they can say and do whatever. We’re all grown ups, act like it. BKP is a kid and is head and shoulders more mature and respectful than a big number of you. It’s sad.

Last edited:
I agree with what you say, and nobody should be disrespectful, but you have done so. People need to realize before there are personal attacks because someone doesn't agree with their opinion, that there is way more to life than a message board.

And if you want to know what I was referring to when I said you had no idea what I have been through then you can send me a message and I will be glad to tell you. But I'm not one that posts personal things someone to get some kind of sympathy.

So your "No life" comment really struck me really deep.

But no hard feelings from me, just hope I helped you realize that when you know NOTHING about what is going on with then.

Happy New Year and more importantly God Bless

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I agree with what you say, and nobody should be disrespectful, but you have done so. People need to realize before there are personal attacks because someone doesn't agree with their opinion, that there is way more to life than a message board.

And if you want to know what I was referring to when I said you had no idea what I have been through then you can send me a message and I will be glad to tell you. But I'm not one that posts personal things someone to get some kind of sympathy.

So your "No life" comment really struck me really deep.

But no hard feelings from me, just hope I helped you realize that when you know NOTHING about what is going on with then.

Happy New Year and more importantly God Bless
Gunz there is no need for explanation brother. You’re good in my eyes. I’m nobody to have to explain anything to and I’m sorry for making that statement to you. I, personally, felt like I was getting attacked for an opinion I made. Not only me but several other posters have been attacked and it’s getting old. Heck there’s a fine line between friendly/harmless trash talk and being a a**hole to a person.

Last edited:
I’m usually reserved to drama but this has caught my eye since the last 2 weeks of the regular season the most. This is the only sports board I’ve ever seen where you can give a honest/respectful opinion and be showered with personal attack’s and disrespect and absolutely nothing is done about it. I’m not a paying member like some (who have complained about the disrespect) but I’m done with the disrespect that’s been shown to members on this board. Rod didn’t play that mess and since he’s been gone, people think they can say and do whatever. We’re all grown ups, act like it. BKP is a kid and is head and shoulders more mature and respectful than a big number of you. It’s sad.

Leadership (or I suppose the lack thereof) is right here.

As always, any post that one feels is a personal attack or disrespectful, all you have to do is hit the 'report' tab. I'll readily admit that I need to be more active here on the forums as the Publisher to try to manage things that get out of hand. Much of my time has been devoted to making sure we have content - both premium and free - on the site here for the readers.

We do want lively banter and discussion, but many times there is a line that cannot be crossed and will not be tolerated. Those that notice before we do can alert us so that we can take the appropriate action.

And as always - anyone who would like to inquire about being a board moderator, can shoot me a personal message and/or e-mail to hatfieldsports@gmail.com.

As we head into the New Year, anything you'd like to see us do better of or cover more of, I'm all ears. Don't be a stranger and let us know because each and every one's feedback is important!

Thanks!

I agree I have been unhappy for the attacks I’ve received and will not be back next season

I agree I have been unhappy for the attacks I’ve received and will not be back next season
Instead of leaving - which we don't want to see you do - please fill us + me in on what we can do better to rectify the situation as well as the specific attacks you speak of...

We want this to be a forum where everyone is comfortable to talk about their teams, athletes, etc.

As we head into the New Year, anything you'd like to see us do better of or cover more of, I'm all ears. Don't be a stranger and let us know because each and every one's feedback is important!

Thanks!

Do exactly what you've been doing. Rod killed discussion on these boards, he was awful. He also had connections to certain posters that wasn't made clear to everyone and that definitely affected decisions he made in regards to modding. Last, he spent time threatening posters here, daring them to disobey him so he could ban them. If you want to kill discussion on such an active board be like Rod, otherwise just keep being you and the rest will sort itself out.

Do exactly what you've been doing. Rod killed discussion on these boards, he was awful. He also had connections to certain posters that wasn't made clear to everyone and that definitely affected decisions he made in regards to modding. Last, he spent time threatening posters here, daring them to disobey him so he could ban them. If you want to kill discussion on such an active board be like Rod, otherwise just keep being you and the rest will sort itself out.
It’s a big difference between “discussion” and disrespect. Heck the way some of the people act on here, those threats aren’t a bad thing if they continuously break the rules. It’s no disrespect to Matt. I know he’s been very very busy with all of the basketball tournaments and he has a life too. You realize, even with Rod, this board is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more lenient than the NC Preps boards and some of the college sports boards.

Leadership (or I suppose the lack thereof) is right here.

As always, any post that one feels is a personal attack or disrespectful, all you have to do is hit the 'report' tab. I'll readily admit that I need to be more active here on the forums as the Publisher to try to manage things that get out of hand. Much of my time has been devoted to making sure we have content - both premium and free - on the site here for the readers.

We do want lively banter and discussion, but many times there is a line that cannot be crossed and will not be tolerated. Those that notice before we do can alert us so that we can take the appropriate action.

And as always - anyone who would like to inquire about being a board moderator, can shoot me a personal message and/or e-mail to hatfieldsports@gmail.com.

Thanks!
Matt this was no diss to you. You’re not a babysitter for a bunch of grownups and that goes for all of the moderators on this site. It’s a shame that posts like this have to be made. Preps is a very very good thing. A place to escape and talk sports. A place that I’ve met some really good people. I hate to hear posters like Wikki say that they are going to leave because of a bunch of “keyboard thugs”. I’ve told you before and I’ll tell you again, I truly appreciate all that you do. God bless and Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Reactions: matthew328826
Matt this was no diss to you. You’re not a babysitter for a bunch of grownups and that goes for all of the moderators on this site. It’s a shame that posts like this have to be made. Preps is a very very good thing. A place to escape and talk sports. A place that I’ve met some really good people. I hate to hear posters like Wikki say that they are going to leave because of a bunch of “keyboard thugs”. I’ve told you before and I’ll tell you again, I truly appreciate all that you do. God bless and Happy New Year!
Nothing wrong with boards. If your feelings are easily hurt, then you shouldn't be on here anyway.

my granny taught me there is only one thing you can call me to hurt my feelings " late to supper"

Nothing wrong with boards. If your feelings are easily hurt, then you shouldn't be on here anyway.
Don’t know who that’s directed towards but who said anything about feelings being hurt? It’s all about respect. It’s one thing to speak on the subject and give a respectful opinion but it’s another to personally attack a board member just because you don’t agree with them.

Don’t know who that’s directed towards but who said anything about feelings being hurt? It’s all about respect. It’s one thing to speak on the subject and give a respectful opinion but it’s another to personally attack a board member just because you don’t agree with them.
Feelings hurt, I agree no one used those words

Gunz there is no need for explanation brother. You’re good in my eyes. I’m nobody to have to explain anything to and I’m sorry for making that statement to you. I, personally, felt like I was getting attacked for an opinion I made. Not only me but several other posters have been attacked and it’s getting old. Heck there’s a fine line between friendly/harmless trash talk and being a a**hole to a person.

Hopefully you didn't feel attacked by me. Everyone knows I dont do that.

Everyone should notice that @DanvilleSportsHead did something a lot on here would do, he apologized and admitted he was wrong with what he said. No, not his opinion on VT. While I may disagree and everyone disagree, he has right to his.

Even if people want to question how it was said, there are FAR worse posters and posts on here.

Hopefully you didn't feel attacked by me. Everyone knows I dont do that.

Everyone should notice that @DanvilleSportsHead did something a lot on here would do, he apologized and admitted he was wrong with what he said. No, not his opinion on VT. While I may disagree and everyone disagree, he has right to his.

Even if people want to question how it was said, there are FAR worse posters and posts on here.
Gunz that’s what it’s all about brother. People fail to take accountability for their actions and like to justify their wrongs.

You're good in my book. Even if you are wrong 99% of the time lol ;) JK
I know that I’m a little different at times and my opinion may differ from the norm. I’m one of those weird/corny VCU kids (and I’m not even an art student :D)... At least I can admit it! One thing I can say is that when I’m in the wrong, I can say I’m wrong and I care about other’s feelings. All is good on this end brother!

Reactions: Lineheart
I know that I’m a little different at times and my opinion may differ from the norm. I’m one of those weird/corny VCU kids (and I’m not even an art student :D)... At least I can admit it! One thing I can say is that when I’m in the wrong, I can say I’m wrong and I care about other’s feelings. All is good on this end brother!

I got a couple cousins that attend VCU. And I cheer for them if they aren't playing a team I cheer for. But as for the cousins, they are weird, but I dont know if VCU did it, or the genes lol

I got a couple cousins that attend VCU. And I cheer for them if they aren't playing a team I cheer for. But as for the cousins, they are weird, but I dont know if VCU did it, or the genes lol
Brother VCU is a weird school LOL! It’s a place of diversity, a welcoming place for all. VCU means the world to me, especially the basketball program lol..I graduated there in May and I’m currently enrolled in the Counselor Ed Master’s Program. I got into Tech, got into JMU which are great universities but I’m happy to be a good ole weirdo from VCU lol! Made 2 stops to Averett and Radford for my freshmen and sophomore years and was just really unhappy and young and dumb. VCU changed my life for the good. Next time you see your cousins tell them Sports Head said “Go Rams”!

Reactions: hamspear
Brother VCU is a weird school LOL! It’s a place of diversity, a welcoming place for all. VCU means the world to me, especially the basketball program lol..I graduated there in May and I’m currently enrolled in the Counselor Ed Master’s Program. I got into Tech, got into JMU which are great universities but I’m happy to be a good ole weirdo from VCU lol! Made 2 stops to Averett and Radford for my freshmen and sophomore years and was just really unhappy and young and dumb. VCU changed my life for the good. Next time you see your cousins tell them Sports Head said “Go Rams”!
My daughter finally got one of those VCU Undefeated in Football t-shirts for Christmas this year! And I got a VCU Physical Therapy t-shirt and a VCU Tervis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT